Poll: What If...

Poll: What If...

• Total voters

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would they do that when they get another year from him essentially for free?
Because you'd figure that into the deal. His first year salary would be really low. So hypothetically if he would get a 5 year 100 mil contract, you would instead give him a 6 year 100 mil contract and he would get his signing bonus a year earlier for his trouble. That at least is why you sign a guy like that a year early.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm interested in seeing if these fools are really going to hand Dak a large contract. Unfortunately I think he's going to be paid north of $16M per year. Pretty much every full time starting QB who's not working on a rookie deal is making well over that amount.
He will be our Ryan Tannehill. No question in my mind.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Dak's gonna be the bridge to John Stephen Jones... bet on it.

I like it! Could be a TV series. The football version of "Dallas." A family dynasty, a drunken, squirrely patriarch at the head of it; his dullard offspring waiting in the wings; an incompetent loser of a coach the squirrely patriarch adopts into the family; the team limps along in mediocrity until ... finally! the hero grandson, a star player, comes along to lead the team to greater heights of glory.

Unfortunately, the drunken, squirrely patriarch never lives to see it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How? I wouldnt rule that out at all.
I mean Stephen Jones has a long way to show he is NFL capable but other than that it's not that far fetched. If the guy is playing in the NFL I doubt Jerry would let him go anywhere else.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Which is why I think he should be fired if he can't make it to the NFC title game. He's already maxed out his potential in Dallas, IMO. Why allow him to hang around and waste the prime years of the next generation of great young Cowboy players.
Excellent point about the next generation of players. They've got some talent, and Jerry's gonna have to start paying that talent. Hard to believe that even a senile drunk like Jerry would be satisfied with a team full of well-paid stars going 8 - 8 or one and done in the playoffs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Z
How? I wouldnt rule that out at all.
I didn’t rule it out. I say at the moment it’s far fetched and that’s because he is a freshman at Arkansas and has yet to play a down at the college level. He is small for any standard but could gain height and pounds in time. He also could become injured moreso than the average player because of his size.

A lot of water is yet to come under the bridge before he gets to a place to be evaluated for a pro career. Finally, it’s would be a potentially ackward circumstance to have your dad and grand dad be your boss. Most young men wouldn’t be comfortable in that circumstance. A lot of things would have to fall in place for him to come to a place where he is a candidate for the Cowboys or any other pro team. Not the least of which is being able to move up the a new level in college then another in the pros. Could happen but I don’t think that is something the Cowboys organization is counting on.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I get the nepotism/Arkansas angle with JS Jones but see if the kid even pans out in college first. He hasn't even started a game at this point.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I get the nepotism/Arkansas angle with JS Jones but see if the kid even pans out in college first. He hasn't even started a game at this point.
One of the biggest misconceptions that continues to be pushed for some strange reason. Every year people claim how Jerry is enamored with Arkansas players. Yet we've drafted what? 2-3 the entire time he's owned the team?

Off the top of your head, who has he drafted from there? Felix Jones is the only one I can think of without looking it up.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
One of the biggest misconceptions that continues to be pushed for some strange reason. Every year people claim how Jerry is enamored with Arkansas players. Yet we've drafted what? 2-3 the entire time he's owned the team?

Off the top of your head, who has he drafted from there? Felix Jones is the only one I can think of without looking it up.
I cant think of any besides the small stint that McFadden was with us.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm interested in seeing if these fools are really going to hand Dak a large contract. Unfortunately I think he's going to be paid north of $16M per year. Pretty much every full time starting QB who's not working on a rookie deal is making well over that amount.
After that utterly retarded Garoppolo contract they almost have no choice. We've been playing on borrowed cap space under Dak's rookie deal and were paying Romo during much of it.

If you have an effective QB, average or not, you are going to pay through the nose for it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I know, but I believe there have been times in the past he had to be guided away from it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I know, but I believe there have been times in the past he had to be guided away from it.
I don't believe that. Every year, some lazy reporter tries to tag us to a player who we supposedly love, and the fans latch on to it. Yet we never take them.

So, expound on your belief. Who did he have to be guided away from?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't believe that. Every year, some lazy reporter tries to tag us to a player who we supposedly love, and the fans latch on to it. Yet we never take them.

So, expound on your belief. Who did he have to be guided away from?
Stephen said he had to talk Jerry out of Manziel.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Stephen said he had to talk Jerry out of Manziel.
Yeah, I remember hearing that. But he played for Texas A&M. Apparently, DLK believes there are times that Jerry has had to be 'guided away' from players from Arkansas, since he supposedly has this infatuation with players from there. Or so we hear every year.

Top Bottom