Police Taser 16 year old with broken back

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Truth of the matter is that society as a whole has become more violent, citizen and police alike. The sad part is that it will likely get worse before it gets better.
Violent crime rates have gone steadily down since 1993. PERCEPTION of violent crime and resulting paranoia keeps going up.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I take offense here, that is absolutly not true, they are just more stupid covering it up, or just bolder if you will.
It cracks me up when people talk about the big mexican druglords, you mean to tell me there isn't an american making tons of money from the mexican drug trade? It will be the first time I hear of a mexican producer selling in the US and getting the better of the deal...
The Americans are just better at not letting it degenerate into a cartel war. They are too busy making all that money to bother with all of that killing.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The Americans are just better at not letting it degenerate into a cartel war. They are too busy making all that money to bother with all of that killing.
It would seem to me the high murder rate you have in some cities would be linked to this, only you call it gang wars instead of cartel?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Isn't violent crime actually going down per capita?
Yes, and I think it has something to do with Michelle Obama's healthy school lunch menu initiative.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Isn't violent crime actually going down per capita?
Statistically that may be correct but it seems to me that spectacular violent crime is considerable more now than in years past. Mass shootings and horrific acts such as bombings and driving vehicles into crowds were not nearly as frequent several years ago.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Statistically that may be correct but it seems to me that spectacular violent crime is considerable more now than in years past. Mass shootings and horrific acts such as bombings and driving vehicles into crowds were not nearly as frequent several years ago.
I think it is because we are bombarded with it 24/7 with cable news channels and the internet. Makes it seem like more and worse.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it is because we are bombarded with it 24/7 with cable news channels and the internet. Makes it seem like more and worse.
Could be but my memory serves me that the "spectacular" crimes were very rare 50 to 60 years ago.

Top Bottom