Panthers Stuff...

p1_

DCC 4Life
Short/Poe/Butler in the middle is going to be difficult to root out in the run game, especially with light in the ass Williams at LG. I think we're going to have to outflank them with outside/perimeter runs and get their big DT's moving laterally on zone runs.

Their DE's are good but not great, Peppers is still a beast but there's no way he can play full complement of snaps at 38 or whatever and I think Addison can be run at, their depth is meh. If Marquis Haynes is ever in the game at DE they need to run at him mercilessly, there's no chance he can set the edge.

In many ways the game will hinge on whether or not we can win the matchup against the triangle of Short/Poe/Kuechly on the interior. Win that matchup and we'll win the game, Thomas Davis being out is clearly a big help.
You’re counting on Looney to come up big. Hope he’s up to the task.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah our predictability is astounding. Do you think the Panthers had any doubt about the play either?
Seriously however some of us could foresee that teams would stack the defense against the run because Daks prowess as a reliable quarterback had been exposed his sophomore year. This will continue because losing the running threat will shut down the Dallas offense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously however some of us could foresee that teams would stack the defense against the run because Daks prowess as a reliable quarterback had been exposed his sophomore year. This will continue because losing the running threat will shut down the Dallas offense.
It's not even about stacking the run. It's that teams know when we will run and when we will pass. They simply stack the run when we bring multiple TEs and FBs in and defense the pass when we don't. Our best runs came when we once in a great while ran from what looked like a passing play.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not even about stacking the run. It's that teams know when we will run and when we will pass. They simply stack the run when we bring multiple TEs and FBs in and defense the pass when we don't. Our best runs came when we once in a great while ran from what looked like a passing play.
It may not be about stacking the defense but that is what happened.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
If this continues all year, is it Dak’s failing, Garrett or both?

I find it tough to place all the blame on Dak when the coaching is this bad but I wouldn’t be above taking a top prospect QB if we go 6-10 or worse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I find it tough to place all the blame on Dak when the coaching is this bad but I wouldn’t be above taking a top prospect QB if we go 6-10 or worse.
I'm against drafting a QB until we have a new coaching staff. I don't want these shits fucking up another QBs ability. It's possible to get a good QB even without a top 3 pick in the first round. But no point in drafting someone and having the coaching staff turning them into a scared bus driver.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Ultimately it would be Garrett’s because he knows Dak isn’t able to deliver the playbook but he refuses to change the system to fit Dak. He has expected or hoped Dak to deliver on the status quo system.. In addition he must have his mind set screwed to his way or the highway or he would engage Linehan to take over and build a system for the QB.

I don’t fault Dak for not being up to par but I think he could make better plays if he wouldn’t let the pressure dictate his play.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom