2022 OTAs, Camps and Training Camp Thread...

Foobio

DCC 4Life
The guy I always remember is Leon Gonzalez. He got so much press you thought the next Mark Clayton was suiting up with a star on his helmet. Everett Gay was another one that never lived up to the hype.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Johnson was the year before, last year was probably Malik Turner.
I do remember hearing about Turner. But not to the level of guys this year.

Maybe that’s probably just hype since we didn’t bring guys in, maybe they are looking really good. Probably a little of both.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Johnson was the year before, last year was probably Malik Turner.
I think the position lends itself to a camp star. The highlight catches always stand out plus there are a lot of throws going around. Odds are someone is going to be beating the second and third string corners on some of those throws. And to top it all off I don't think corners are allowed to press in practice which changes everything when running routes.

I will say I'm glad to hear good Fehoko is doing well. His physical skills are at least interesting. He just didn't look like much last year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That was my take away when I saw this video yesterday. To me it looks more like poor blocking by a slow-footed RT rather than it being an "absolutely freaky" play.
The shoulder dip, ability to get low/bend and then maintain his speed and even accelerate through the top of the arc is rare.

Steele could've done a better job getting out to him but Parsons is a legitimate top 5 edge rusher in the league, so it's hard to fault him too much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The shoulder dip, ability to get low/bend and then maintain his speed and even accelerate through the top of the arc is rare.

Steele could've done a better job getting out to him but Parsons is a legitimate top 5 edge rusher in the league, so it's hard to fault him too much.
I guess I'd be more concerned if Steele was stonewalling Parsons every practice as opposed to this. Someone has to beat someone when your guys are practicing against themselves. So no it's not shocking to see the best defensive player on the team beating our third or fourth best O-lineman.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I'm not knocking Parson's ability. He's legit. I'm just saying not everything he does is OMGZ FREAKY!!! like the tweeter posted.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dont know about yall, Im concerned about Steele. I think were playing with fire with him, hearing his camp has not been great.

Top Bottom