Offseason Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Okay, so I'm bored as hell trying to get through this damn offseason. I need activity, and I'm sure you guys are just as bored. I don't really have a thought-out plan for this thread. Just a thread for us to discuss present and past Cowboys teams. Like I said there is no structure, so just chatter.

I can start it off with a few questions.

Favorite Cowboy of all time? (offense, defense, ST)

Favorite game all time?

Favorite memory?

Year you thought we might win it all and we didn't?

Just a few examples, and you don't have to answer them all. Just trying to get SOME discussion going during this boring ass time.
Roger, Too Tall or Harvey Martin, Keef Davis or Bill Bates.

The Super Bowl against The "Orange Crush" defense.

Winning the SB in 92/93 after a long championship dry spell.

Plenty of times, too many to mention. A lot of December and playoff swoons over the years.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
June had a nice run in here. Tempted in a week to create a July Offseason Thread. Please sticky, mods.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
When I'm too busy to post, the activity from 3 of my 5 alts goes nil. Sorry, y'all, June is harvest season for me. Will be clear in a couple more weeks.

Cotton

Staff member
When I'm too busy to post, the activity from 3 of my 5 alts goes nil. Sorry, y'all, June is harvest season for me. Will be clear in a couple more weeks.
Rice harvesting doesn't take that much effort.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Are you a farmer? What do you harvest?

marsbennett

Brand New Member
It's planting season for me. I'm hoping for around 1 million in my first attempt.

So what season is it?

IT'S SPAT SEASON, BOYS.

Cotton

Staff member
if you're only harvesting one grain of rice
Rice is great when you are really craving 5,000 of something.

-Mitch Hedberg

data

Forbes #1
Two-Sentence Horror Stories

2. The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.
Jmperson

4. In all of the time that I've lived alone in this house, I swear to God I've closed more doors than I've opened.
EvilSteveDave

5. A girl heard her mom yell her name from downstairs, so she got up and started to head down. As she got to the stairs, her mom pulled her into her room and said "I heard that, too."
Drrd777

8. I awoke to the sound of the baby monitor crackling with a voice comforting my firstborn child. As I adjusted to a new position, my arm brushed against my wife, sleeping next to me.
Doctordevice

9. I always thought my cat had a staring problem - she always seemed fixated on my face. Until one day, when I realized that she was always looking just behind me.
Hangukbrian

12. "I can't sleep," she whispered, crawling into bed with me. I woke up cold, clutching the dress she was buried in.
Vaultkid321

13. I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, "Daddy, check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."
JustAnotherMuffledVo

17. Don't be scared of the monsters, just look for them. Look to your left, to your right, under your bed, behind your dresser, in your closet but never look up, she hates being seen.
AnarchistWaffles

19. After working a hard day, I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn't know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.
Cobaltcollapse

20. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone.

Cotton

Staff member
Two-Sentence Horror Stories

2. The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.
Jmperson

4. In all of the time that I've lived alone in this house, I swear to God I've closed more doors than I've opened.
EvilSteveDave

5. A girl heard her mom yell her name from downstairs, so she got up and started to head down. As she got to the stairs, her mom pulled her into her room and said "I heard that, too."
Drrd777

8. I awoke to the sound of the baby monitor crackling with a voice comforting my firstborn child. As I adjusted to a new position, my arm brushed against my wife, sleeping next to me.
Doctordevice

9. I always thought my cat had a staring problem - she always seemed fixated on my face. Until one day, when I realized that she was always looking just behind me.
Hangukbrian

12. "I can't sleep," she whispered, crawling into bed with me. I woke up cold, clutching the dress she was buried in.
Vaultkid321

13. I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, "Daddy, check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."
JustAnotherMuffledVo

17. Don't be scared of the monsters, just look for them. Look to your left, to your right, under your bed, behind your dresser, in your closet but never look up, she hates being seen.
AnarchistWaffles

19. After working a hard day, I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn't know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.
Cobaltcollapse

20. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone.

Holy Mary, mother of God.

Top Bottom