O.J. Simpson Dead At 76

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I feel for these additional victims.

But this seems like odd since he is dead, so chick comes out me-too-ed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I feel for these additional victims.

But this seems like odd since he is dead, so chick comes out me-too-ed.
I mean she isn't claiming she was assaulted. I get that she could be doing it for attention but beyond that what's the motivation? The guy died, so the NDA died with him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I read that MacDonald was fired from SNL over the O.J. jokes. Is that true?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I mean she isn't claiming she was assaulted. I get that she could be doing it for attention but beyond that what's the motivation? The guy died, so the NDA died with him.

Could be true, could be not true. Don't dismiss attention as a big motivator though, especially with virtue signalling attached.

The story definitely smells like bullshit to me though.

1. I have no idea of the level of Fame at that time in southern California for Kardashian and Shapiro (assuming this is before the trial), but it's not necessarily common that a law student would instantly recognize a big local lawyer. Especially a law student whose grasp of the law is so tenuous that she would immediately switch majors upon learning that (gasp) there's unscrupulousness among lawyers.

2. There's no indication that the meeting had anything to do with OJ until the boss told this person. If it was such a big secret and the boss made her sign an NDA for knowing it, why would he tell her at all given that she didn't need to know?

3. The NDA would also protect not just OJ's reputation but also her boss and USC. Why would the consequences of the agreement end just because OJ died?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Honestly it's also a little specious that USC would be covering for OJ as late as 1995. Sure he was a famous alum but his playing days were long over. His reputation was already pretty cemented by then (obviously it was about to be shattered but no one foresaw that) and OJ had his own payoff money anyway.

And why aren't the actual victims of this coming forth if this were the case?

Also it hasn't exactly been a secret over the past couple decades that OJ was abusive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't attention the motivation for everything these days?
Yeah I guess I am underselling the desire for attention. I agree that the story doesn't make much sense. People love to make themselves a part of a story. Guy dies and suddenly people want to be part of the narrative. Just like every person who has ever met OJ is probably talking about it now.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can't believe I didn't post this before... the second one is a Ticket classic.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
did that sea cow of a woman not expect crank callers?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just days after his passing, the OJ: Made in America documentary gets made available on Netflix.

If you haven't seen it, here's your chance.

It's a must watch.

Top Bottom