NFL General Managers took Jerry Jones to school during draft

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Anyone else want a dur?

Lookit, I just watched Breakfast Club last night.

And as far as I am concerned, you are all a bunch of Benders.

Does Barry Manilow know you raided his wardrobe?

Tony D

DCC 4Life
How much do you guys think McClay makes? Has to be more than some NFL GM's, no? Dude is more valuable than most of them I know that. He's pretty much saved this franchise for a while now. Just from being a voice in the room to evolving to where he is now and the stamp he has put on the franchise. I know we haven't won shit in a long, long time, but without him who knows where we'd be?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I must raise the serious issue of creeping Dur overuse. It's becoming an epidemic.

And you better not dur me for that.
It wouldn't be an issue if they added the other dur that I suggested months ago.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dangit Geng...

p1_

DCC 4Life
That and his name is kind of a bitch to remember how to spell correctly. Shit, he is pretty much only one rung above a player with a hyphen name.
A man ought to remember Poon . Good gosh .

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Most of these post-draft grades and articles are based on assessments of what that particular journalist assumed leading up to the draft. Just because draft media folks grade someone out at certain round & ranking doesn't mean the actual NFL scouts and front offices hold the same opinion.

It's why a player like Will Levis was presumed to have "fallen" in the draft. But in reality it's probable that NFL teams never even considered him as a high 1st round pick. So can you really "fall" in the draft if you were never thought of that highly in the first place?

So I've learned to LT Cowboys draft picks. Wait and see.

p1_

DCC 4Life
the man has inspired a DCC term: to LT a draft choice.

Meaning to be patient and wait for results or lack thereof.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Most of these post-draft grades and articles are based on assessments of what that particular journalist assumed leading up to the draft. Just because draft media folks grade someone out at certain round & ranking doesn't mean the actual NFL scouts and front offices hold the same opinion.

It's why a player like Will Levis was presumed to have "fallen" in the draft. But in reality it's probable that NFL teams never even considered him as a high 1st round pick. So can you really "fall" in the draft if you were never thought of that highly in the first place?

So I've learned to LT Cowboys draft picks. Wait and see.
Yea, they're completely dependent on the particular person's pre-draft rankings and assumptions, which is fine, how else are they really going to do it?

But it's also why I give exactly 0 fucks what anybody grades our draft, it's amusing to browse but it means exactly jack and squat.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, they're completely dependent on the particular person's pre-draft rankings and assumptions, which is fine, how else are they really going to do it?

But it's also why I give exactly 0 fucks what anybody grades our draft, it's amusing to browse but it means exactly jack and squat.
The problem is these people's pre-draft rankings aren't based on actual opinions on the players. They are just based on where they think they will go. There are a few exceptions to that. Like I don't always agree with Brugler but at least I know dude is working his ass off evaluating players on his own. And I think his evaluations are great. But his rankings aren't always how I would have them.

Top Bottom