NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
To be fair to the Raptors, they weren't a super team either, but it wasn't a homegrown thing being as they rented Kawhi for a year.

Still, it was a legit non-super team championship, IMO.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
To be fair to the Raptors, they weren't a super team either, but it wasn't a homegrown thing being as they rented Kawhi for a year.

Still, it was a legit non-super team championship, IMO.
Yeah, Toronto's team was mostly built around young homegrown guys, a couple of key veteran role players (Gasol & Ibaka), an aging all-star (Lowry), and 1 mercenary All-NBA caliber player (Kawhi). Definitely not a super team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, Toronto's team was mostly built around young homegrown guys, a couple of key veteran role players (Gasol & Ibaka), an aging all-star (Lowry), and 1 mercenary All-NBA caliber player (Kawhi). Definitely not a super team.
That first GSW team was completely homegrown and deserves all the recognition.

The 2 other GSW champions were shortcut chumps, though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This was after game 5.
This guy is so Greek, I love it.

And this definitely feels like the only natural, feel good title since the first Warriors championship. The Raptors certainly weren't a superteam but the Kawhi situation was so weird and you basically knew he was probably gone one way or the other.

Plus it's an asterisk title, without Durant and/or Thompson getting hurt there's almost no chance they win.

As an aside, I hope Giannis wins another 2-3 in Milwaukee over the next 10 years and makes the next generation want to follow in his footsteps and shun all this shucking and jiving bullshit we've seen out of LeBron and Durant.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ball/Lavine/DeRozan/Williams/Vucevic could be pretty damn decent, plus Caruso/White off the bench.

Just need a physical big who can do the dirty work for about 15 minutes a night.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ball/Lavine/DeRozan/Williams/Vucevic could be pretty damn decent, plus Caruso/White off the bench.

Just need a physical big who can do the dirty work for about 15 minutes a night.
I don’t have any illusions that they are building towards a title contender like I had dreams of with Rose at one point… they lack that kind of carry the team player…. But this will certainly be a fun 4-5 seed type team that does something besides lose every damn night.

I wonder if they keep Markkanen as a backup big or move him for role player depth?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don’t have any illusions that they are building towards a title contender like I had dreams of with Rose at one point… they lack that kind of carry the team player…. But this will certainly be a fun 4-5 seed type team that does something besides lose every damn night.

I wonder if they keep Markkanen as a backup big or move him for role player depth?
Yea basically, and the new regime is extremely aggressive so the hope is that you build a sustainable winning culture and then keep accelerating from there.

I think Markkanen is a goner, really curious to see what happens with him. They really need some rim protection/interior toughness off the bench so I can't really see how Markkanen fits when he was unhappy coming off the bench last year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Seriously though dude's a clown.

Any team that trades for him better realize he's a socialite first and basketball player second.

Soft like Charmin.

Top Bottom