NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It would be awesome to see him in Houston, but he'd be a better fit in Chicago because of coaching and the great team defense that they play.

The Rockets are a very good team and they are fun to watch, but they don't play a lot of defense and I'm not yet sold on McHale. Anthony would make them better, but they'd still be a team leaving much to be desired on the defensive end.

You put him on this Chicago team as it stands right now, and they are fighting with Miami and Indiana for the top spot. Add a healthy Rose, and they're a championship favorite, IMO.
He's a very good player so he will play well anywhere he goes but I think Chicago is more of an ideal fit because of their defense and general toughness as you noted. Houston has a mediocre at best defense and one of the top offenses in the league, adding Melo will improve them but only marginally, especially if they have to get rid of Parsons in order to bring him on.

The Bulls also have more ammo in terms of draft picks for a trade.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He has to take a massive pay cut to come to Chicago. I'm not giving up this year's picks and/or Mirotic for him in a sign and trade, and if we have to move Gibson for him to clear space to sign him outright, I'm not sure that makes us better either. They can have our pick next year and/or the Sacramento pick if they want.
If he wants to join an already built team and be a favorite to win it all he has to sacrifice like James/Wade/Bosh did in terms of salary. As long as we can keep Rose/Butler/Gibson/Noah I don't really care who or what we give up, within reason.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If he wants to join an already built team and be a favorite to win it all he has to sacrifice like James/Wade/Bosh did in terms of salary. As long as we can keep Rose/Butler/Gibson/Noah I don't really care who or what we give up, within reason.
James/Wade/Bosh didn't give up that much.

I just don't see how we can get Melo without either trading NYK a lot, or by shedding Gibson.

I am not giving up those first round picks. The Bulls have needed spot up shooters around Rose for FOREVER. This year, the class is loaded with spot up shooters between 10-20. There is no way I'm handing those picks over.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN - Mavs' Mark Cuban thinks NFL will implode in 10 years due to greed: "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
ESPN - Mavs' Mark Cuban thinks NFL will implode in 10 years due to greed: "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"
The NFL will never implode because it's just too damn popular, but I do agree that those guys are greedy as hell.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If the NBA is going to continue to implement terrible ideas for what is now an awful dunk contest, they should just invite non-NBA players to participate.

This guy here has a collection of dunks that are all better than anything we've seen in the dunk contest in years, and he didn't need stupid props or silly gimmicks to do it either:

And.....he's white!!!! :shock

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

Mavs win the season series vs OKC. :towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ok, Tom Thibodeau, you've proved your point. You can win with Joakim Noah and a collection of scrappers.

Now can we lose a handful of games to close out the season as like, the 5-6 seed, instead of the 3 seed? We want a better draft pick.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

Mavs win the season series vs OKC. :towel
They got us last night. I didn't like that OKC decided not to play Westbrook at the start of OT because of his minutes restriction but it is what it is. I just hope they play him normally without restriction when the playoffs start.

Also regarding the Mavs, I had no idea that they'd slip completely out of the top 8 seeds for the playoffs. They were sitting at #9 heading into last night's game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They got us last night. I didn't like that OKC decided not to play Westbrook at the start of OT because of his minutes restriction but it is what it is. I just hope they play him normally without restriction when the playoffs start.

Also regarding the Mavs, I had no idea that they'd slip completely out of the top 8 seeds for the playoffs. They were sitting at #9 heading into last night's game.
Yea, they had slipped up a bit as of late.

They had to have that game last night.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ok, Tom Thibodeau, you've proved your point. You can win with Joakim Noah and a collection of scrappers.

Now can we lose a handful of games to close out the season as like, the 5-6 seed, instead of the 3 seed? We want a better draft pick.
Nope.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Big win for the Pacers tonight.

That was a very good game and one that I felt the Pacers needed much more than Miami did. Miami hasn't been playing so well as of late and could've used the boost that beating the Pacers would have given them, but ultimately, Miami knows what they are capable when everything comes together.

The Pacers think they can beat Miami (I do too), but they aren't sure of it. They have all the tools, but they're young. This team got off to great start but has really struggled, primarily Paul George and Lance Stephenson. I think they absolutely had to have this game tonight for their psyche going into the playoffs.

This game was a great example of why I think they can beat Miami and why they gave them so much trouble last year - Roy Hibbert, and their ability to hold Miami to these low scoring, scrappy games.

It's going to be great watching them go at it again in a 7 game series.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I can't believe people on Twitter and on a couple of the sports talk shows were actually bagging on LeBron for passing to Bosh for the final shot. Some were trying to compare it to how LeBron played pre-2011, where he caught a lot of heat for deferring to teammates down the stretch.

Some people just love to hate and make themselves look like idiots in the process.

Bosh is a 9 time All Star and a borderline Hall of Famer. He'd just hit a big 3 pointer to put them in position for the win. If you had a problem with LeBron dishing it off to Bosh for a wide up jumper you're an idiot.

Now if LeBron would have passed it off to Chalmers or Haslem, then by all means bash him.

People act as if Jordan took every last shot for the Bulls; which is far from true. There are plenty of great moments on Jordan's highlight reel where his team won the game because he set up a teammate for an easy look. Kerr, Wennington, Paxson, Armstrong, etc. None of them were half as talented as Bosh but Jordan put trust in them from time to time to come through in the clutch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can't believe people on Twitter and on a couple of the sports talk shows were actually bagging on LeBron for passing to Bosh for the final shot. Some were trying to compare it to how LeBron played pre-2011, where he caught a lot of heat for deferring to teammates down the stretch.

Some people just love to hate and make themselves look like idiots in the process.

Bosh is a 9 time All Star and a borderline Hall of Famer. He'd just hit a big 3 pointer to put them in position for the win. If you had a problem with LeBron dishing it off to Bosh for a wide up jumper you're an idiot.

Now if LeBron would have passed it off to Chalmers or Haslem, then by all means bash him.

People act as if Jordan took every last shot for the Bulls; which is far from true. There are plenty of great moments on Jordan's highlight reel where his team won the game because he set up a teammate for an easy look. Kerr, Wennington, Paxson, Armstrong, etc. None of them were half as talented as Bosh but Jordan put trust in them from time to time to come through in the clutch.
First, I agree about Lebron.

He's come a long way from the cowardly lion he used to be that either wanted no part of the last shot, or would fail every time when he did take it. He may not be an out and out killer, but gone are the days when he was afraid of the moment.

I have no problem at all with him dishing it to Bosh there.

With that said, Jordan is a bad comparison. Jordan was hitting clutch shots dating back to his college days, so his ability to finish or his willingness to take the shot was never ever in question. That is why you can't really use the fact that he dished off as a defense for Lebron.

1bigfan13

Staff member
First, I agree about Lebron.

He's come a long way from the cowardly lion he used to be that either wanted no part of the last shot, or would fail every time when he did take it. He may not be an out and out killer, but gone are the days when he was afraid of the moment.

I have no problem at all with him dishing it to Bosh there.

With that said, Jordan is a bad comparison. Jordan was hitting clutch shots dating back to his college days, so his ability to finish or his willingness to take the shot was never ever in question. That is why you can't really use the fact that he dished off as a defense for Lebron.
I wouldn't have made that comparison in 2010 but since LeBron has proven to be a great closer over the last couple of seasons I think it's a fair comparison now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Rockets guard Patrick Beverley is likely done for the year with a torn meniscus.

Thunder fans everywhere are literally laughing out loud.

#karma

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rockets guard Patrick Beverley is likely done for the year with a torn meniscus.

Thunder fans everywhere are literally laughing out loud.

#karma
Yea, I thought you'd get a kick out of the torn meniscus thing.

Top Bottom