1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Lebron
Durant
Paul George
Davis
Harden
Paul George gets way too much love. He's not there yet. He got off to a fast start but his play has been sporadic over th elast couple of months.

It's your list though.

My top 5:

Lebron
Durant
Griffin
CP3
Harden

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Very pathetic effort all around by the Thunder.

Granted Westbrook didn't play and they started two rookies in place of two injured starters (Sefolosha & Perkins) but that's no excuse for simply going through the motions and not even competing.

A loss under those circumstances is understandable but the total lack of effort is not. Since the All-Star break OKC just doesn't GAF on the defensive end. They've gotten very lazy on defense. This is when they need a coach like Tom Thibodeau to kick them in the ass.

I'd be happy if they played with half the effort the Bulls play with. Speaking of which, I fully expect the Bulls to win by 10 tonight because I know the Bulls will play hard. OKC, not so much.
Thibs is the best coach in the game and he reminds me of a combination of Parcells and Belichick.

It is impossible for him to not want to win a game regardless of the circumstances like Parcells, and he gets so much more with less like Belichick. And he has the tough-nosed approach of both men.

IMO, he's the coach of the year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Paul George gets way too much love. He's not there yet. He got off to a fast start but his play has been sporadic over th elast couple of months.

It's your list though.

My top 5:

Lebron
Durant
Griffin
CP3
Harden
Not sure about Griffin. He's made improvements to his game, but he's still not a player you can give the ball to and ask him to get you clutch bucket after clutch bucket.

Paul is not a bad choice at all, but I still like George and Davis over him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not sure about Griffin. He's made improvements to his game, but he's still not a player you can give the ball to and ask him to get you clutch bucket after clutch bucket.

Paul is not a bad choice at all, but I still like George and Davis over him.
The one thing that definitely needs to improve with Blake Griffin is his impact on defense. As athletic as he is you'd think he'd average 2 blocks per game. Instead he only has something like 35 blocks TOTAL on the year.

On the offensive end his game is coming together quite nicely. He's hitting over 70% at the FT line and he's able to knock down the 15-18 foot jumper with regularity.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The one thing that definitely needs to improve with Blake Griffin is his impact on defense. As athletic as he is you'd think he'd average 2 blocks per game. Instead he only has something like 35 blocks TOTAL on the year.

On the offensive end his game is coming together quite nicely. He's hitting over 70% at the FT line and he's able to knock down the 15-18 foot jumper with regularity.
His jump shot has seen a big improvement and he's a better player now than he was last year.....but how confident would you be that he would get the bucket that you needed if you drew up a play for him on the final possessions of a game?

That is why he wouldn't be in my top 5.....because he has no dependable go to move or shot.

IMO, he should be right now, at worst, what Amare Stoudemire was in his first season with the Knicks. He hit all the big buckets for them. He could shoot from outside or get his bucket in the post.

Griffin has all the talent and athletic ability to be that and more, but he isn't.....at least not yet.

1bigfan13

Staff member
His jump shot has seen a big improvement and he's a better player now than he was last year.....but how confident would you be that he would get the bucket that you needed if you drew up a play for him on the final possessions of a game?

That is why he wouldn't be in my top 5.....because he has no dependable go to move or shot.

IMO, he should be right now, at worst, what Amare Stoudemire was in his first season with the Knicks. He hit all the big buckets for them. He could shoot from outside or get his bucket in the post.

Griffin has all the talent and athletic ability to be that and more, but he isn't.....at least not yet.
Hater.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would take Davis third, he's a guy who can give you 20/10 and anchor a defense, he will win a DPOY at some point in his career. He's basically Kevin Garnett without the passing ability, and I'd take that over George and definitely Harden. After that it's tough, probably some combination of the guys already mentioned.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

I'll be in Dallas next Tuesday and it turns out that OKC comes to town that night to face the Mavs.

I may need to get me some tickets for that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

I'll be in Dallas next Tuesday and it turns out that OKC comes to town that night to face the Mavs.

I may need to get me some tickets for that.
Yeah, a few weeks ago I thought about heading to that one as well. But since OKC is pretty much mailing it in on most nights I'm going to pass.

No sense in wasting good money to watch them half-ass it.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

It's your list though.

My top 5:

Lebron
Durant
Griffin
CP3
Harden
All over Anthony Davis? No way. My list was if you were starting a team today who would you want. This guy is just scratching the surface.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I would take Davis third, he's a guy who can give you 20/10 and anchor a defense, he will win a DPOY at some point in his career. He's basically Kevin Garnett without the passing ability,
Davis will be better than Garnett. He just turned 21 last week and he's already a 20/10 guy who leads the league in blocks. He's only going to get better. He's going to be a 25/12/3 guy for a long time probably starting next year.

He'll be a better scorer, rebounder and shot blocker than Garnett was. He's that good.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life

It's your list though.

My top 5:

Lebron
Durant
Griffin
CP3
Harden
I feel like Paul gets too much love...no doubt he is a great player, but I just don't see him as top 5 right now. I'll be honest...Noah would get consideration from me...he does so many things that don't show up in the boxscore.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When good teams get embarrassed they usually come out and play very well the next game, see the Bulls ass-whipping of Houston a week ago right after they were blown out by the Spurs, so I expected a loss tonight. Pretty even game overall though, the Bulls just went cold as they're prone to doing and literally didn't score for like 7 minutes of game time, happens.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think Paul can win a title as the best player on a team so I don't think I'd have him in my top 5, after the top 3 it's really a toss up for me, I could see any one of about 5-7 guys being in there honestly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently Melo's top two choices if he leaves New York are Chicago and Houston.

Good times.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Apparently Melo's top two choices if he leaves New York are Chicago and Houston.

Good times.
He has to change how he plays though. Play like he plays on the Olympic teams under Coach K and you're all set.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Good times.
It would be awesome to see him in Houston, but he'd be a better fit in Chicago because of coaching and the great team defense that they play.

The Rockets are a very good team and they are fun to watch, but they don't play a lot of defense and I'm not yet sold on McHale. Anthony would make them better, but they'd still be a team leaving much to be desired on the defensive end.

You put him on this Chicago team as it stands right now, and they are fighting with Miami and Indiana for the top spot. Add a healthy Rose, and they're a championship favorite, IMO.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He has to take a massive pay cut to come to Chicago. I'm not giving up this year's picks and/or Mirotic for him in a sign and trade, and if we have to move Gibson for him to clear space to sign him outright, I'm not sure that makes us better either. They can have our pick next year and/or the Sacramento pick if they want.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Jiggy should be by any time now to take his usual dump on anything that says Chicago is a positive.

Top Bottom