NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

I'll tell you what...Olynyk has looked pretty good the first couple of games.
He's been great. But I'm trying my best to not get sucked in knowing he's playing against mostly D League and European League talent.

D

Deuce

And he's Canadian and had long insolent hair.

Its the trifecta of what a successful NBA player looks like.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Summer league means squat, but MCW 3rd in scoring (19.5) and 3rd in assists (7.5) after 2 games. Shooting has been bad, both inside and outside, but we all know that's what he has to work on. He had 9 TO's the first game and then 0 then next, another area where he needs to improve. He seems pretty quick and can get to any spot on the floor and get his shot off. If he can ever shoot from the outside consistently he will be a real good player.

However, I can't see this team winning more than 20 games next year. No shot. Tank time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like MCW, but he is going to take some time to develop. I did like how aggressive he was going to the hole yesterday.

TWSS

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll tell you what...Olynyk has looked pretty good the first couple of games.
I still don't understand OKC's rationale for passing on him for some scrub project Kiwi from Pitt.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You need a dirty work guy there at PF...Smith would fit that bill perfectly.
That's not the way the team is built,and Smith is not a good defensive guy or a great rebounder.

They need a guy who spaces the floor ideally or who at least can play without the ball like a young Haslem, Smith is more of a backup center.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I like MCW, but he is going to take some time to develop. I did like how aggressive he was going to the hole yesterday.

TWSS
That's good because we have a lot of time for him to develop.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Sixers agreed to the Holiday deal with New Orleans if either Noel, Oladipo, or Bennett was there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No Bynum for the Mavs.

Time to trade Dirk and rebuild this thing from scratch.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No Bynum for the Mavs.

Time to trade Dirk and rebuild this thing from scratch.
I can't believe how badly Cuban and the Mavs whiffed on free agency the past two years.

They completely misjudged the market and players' interest in the Mavs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dirk on the block would be interesting, there are probably only 5-10 teams he'd be happy going to and you have to imagine there aren't many teams who would give up several big time assets for him. I'd hope the Bulls would go hard after him though, he'd be a perfect fit and I'm sure he'd be happy in Chicago next to a center who will do all the dirty work.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Indiana, Houston, and Chicago would all make sense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't believe how badly Cuban and the Mavs whiffed on free agency the past two years.

They completely misjudged the market and players' interest in the Mavs.
It's kinda unbelievable that they aren't a more appealing destination.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dirk on the block would be interesting, there are probably only 5-10 teams he'd be happy going to and you have to imagine there aren't many teams who would give up several big time assets for him. I'd hope the Bulls would go hard after him though, he'd be a perfect fit and I'm sure he'd be happy in Chicago next to a center who will do all the dirty work.
Define big time assets.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's kinda unbelievable that they aren't a more appealing destination.
Well, I think they were/are, but nobody is going to join a sinking ship. The Mavs put themselves in a situation where all they have to offer FA's is an aging Dirk. No young rookie, no up and coming player....just a 35/36 year old Dirk.

I think that if Dwight hadn't foolishly opted stay in Orlando for one more season, he would have definitely signed with the Mavs in 2011-2012. But he did sign and so the only thing left was a trade which the Lakers pulled off.

Cuban took a gamble and it blew up - simple as that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well, I think they were/are, but nobody is going to join a sinking ship. The Mavs put themselves in a situation where all they have to offer FA's is an aging Dirk. No young rookie, no up and coming player....just a 35/36 year old Dirk.

I think that if Dwight hadn't foolishly opted stay in Orlando for one more season, he would have definitely signed with the Mavs in 2011-2012. But he did sign and so the only thing left was a trade which the Lakers pulled off.

Cuban took a gamble and it blew up - simple as that.
Keep the space and try again next year.

dallen

Senior Tech
Since Lebron went to Miami all the best players seem to want to join up on the same teams. If you don't already have 1 or 2 elite players it is hard to market yourself to free agents. Houston is the blueprint now. Trade for or draft a young up and coming star, surround them with decent, cheap roll players, and then target a few elite free agents. Since they can get the same amount of money from any team, they are going to want to go to a place where they can win. Dallas completely misjudged the market when they broke down that championship team.

Top Bottom