NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Bulls are a really interesting situation.

I wonder if eventually the Bulls and Sixers pull something off (maybe with a third party like the Clippers).
One of the things that reportedly was discussed in the meeting was the need for a real PG. The Sixers don't really have a traditional PG on their roster, do they?

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Sixers finally caved and traded Harden to the Clippers. All they received in return was a mixed bag of average at best role players.

Also, the Clippers had better pray they break through and win a title within the next 2 years. They don't have any resources remaining to do a proper rebuild.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Sixers finally caved and traded Harden to the Clippers. All they received in return with a mixed bag of average at best role players.

Also, the Clippers had better pray they break through and win a title within the next 2 years. They don't have any resources remaining to do a proper rebuild.

Thanks, I hate it.

Genghis Khan

Morey got fleeced on this one.

I'm not surprised. Only an idiot GM would trade fair market value for a disgruntled player who pretty much had to be moved.

The Sixers are basically punting the season. The encouraging thing is they didn't take on any long term albatross contracts in the deal so they have I think like $60 million in cap space next year. Hopefully something works out down the line.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Genghis Khan

There's a chance, albeit a small one, that I don't know what I'm talking about and Morey knows what he's doing.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That was such an unnecessary trade.

I know it was a very small sample size but the Clippers were cruising along with great team chemistry. They were 3-1 and were ranked top 5 in several offensive and defensive categories before the trade. Since the trade went down they've barely been competitive.

I think they'll sort some things out eventually on offensively but unless they swing another trade there's no fixing their rebounding, defense, and rim protection issues.

One of their Big 4 needs to sacrifice and come off the bench. Knowing their egos that probably won't happen. Therefore Ty Lue may be forced to continue to start games with this group just to stroke their egos. But when the 4th quarter rolls around, Lue would be better off not playing the 4 of them together.

Genghis Khan

ESPN has an all female announcer team?

Why? What idiot thinks this isn't awful?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just noticed that the Rockets already have 6 wins. I bet you all feel silly now for doubting them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just noticed that the Rockets already have 6 wins. I bet you all feel silly now for doubting them.
The Mavs are 9-3.

Top Bottom