NBA Chatter Thread

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
So somehow the Suns can have 3 max players and then a mega deal given to Ayton but nobody else can figure out the cap with this new CBA? This may completely blow up in their face at some point, but props to them for going for it. They are going to have a bunch of crap depth with guys on the minimum but if they stay healthy it may not matter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So somehow the Suns can have 3 max players and then a mega deal given to Ayton but nobody else can figure out the cap with this new CBA? This may completely blow up in their face at some point, but props to them for going for it. They are going to have a bunch of crap depth with guys on the minimum but if they stay healthy it may not matter.
They've said they're fine going over the new second luxury tax level, so there's your answer.

I still don't think they're a top 3 favorite in the league though.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Shams:

Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A player named Gay sounds like he should be playing for the Mavericks.

:art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whoa...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Perfect opportunity to come to the Mavs and become the next coach.
Mavs don't need a coach. They just need to be moved down to the development league.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The NBA's midseason tournament explained.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is the dumbest shit imaginable.
It's a dumb gimmick designed to address load management. Somehow I doubt these players will suddenly commit to playing more often for a glorified exhibition trophy.

I miss the days of David Stern. He could be a bit of an jackass at times but he kept these SOBs in line.

You didn't see any load management or one-sided trades with star players bullying their way onto a team of choice. Stern had the stones to tell the Lakers, the league's premier franchise, to GFT when they tried to steal Chris Paul from New Orleans for a handful of magic beans. Adam Silver would have rolled over like a well-trained lap dog and let the trade go down.

Cotton

Staff member

Best ESPY's speech ever.

Top Bottom