NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
By the way this might be the most underwhelming nba championship team ever, at least since the 2004 Pistons. I don't get the sense they are a great team, just a good team that didn't really have to beat any great teams.

Genghis Khan

Man, Rivers is just an absolute weasel. Now he's implying Harden was the reason the Sixers didn't win.

Bleacherreport.com/articles/10079101-doc-rivers-on-james-harden-it-was-challenging-to-coach-star-pg-on-76ers

Rivers said coaching Harden was "challenging" because of their disagreements on how to play winning basketball.

"It was challenging, more because we were fighting two things—and not like visually fighting—it was James is so good at playing one way, and the way I believe you have to play to win, in some ways, is different," Rivers said (1:01:13 mark). "Because it's a lot of giving up the ball, moving the ball, coming back to the ball. I would have loved to have him younger, when that was easier for him because giving up the ball and getting back the ball is hard. It's physical, it's exhausting.

"So, it would have been interesting if I would have had him younger where he could have done that more. Coming off of dribble handoffs, going down the hill. He didn't finish as well as he finished [in Houston] because he's older, and that happens.

"So, yeah, at times, to get him to move it and get him to play the way I needed him to play—I thought the first half of the year, we were the best team in the game. I thought James was playing perfect basketball. He was the point guard of the team. He was still scoring, but he was doing more playmaking and scoring. Then in the second half, he started scoring more, trying to score more, and I thought we got stagnant at times. I thought we changed."

____
And by the way besides trying to throw Harden under the bus, he's not even right. The point of the season he says they were the best team in basketball when Harden was supposedly playing the way Rivers wanted, the Sixers were struggling ( they started the season like 12-12). They had one of the best records in the second half, when Rivers claims Harden wasn't playing right.

I know a lot of people here hate Harden and that's fine. But his former coach trying to scapegoat him is pretty lame. And, rivers' points are objectively wrong.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The only player I truly hate is Lebron James.
Agreed. And I never used to. But the more both him and his fanboys push the GREATEST EVAR crap, the more I dislike him. That shit is constant. And I could even accept it if it was just a fan thing, but he spouts that shit himself with all the king james crap. Just go away, you flopping POS.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
By the way this might be the most underwhelming nba championship team ever, at least since the 2004 Pistons. I don't get the sense they are a great team, just a good team that didn't really have to beat any great teams.
The Raptors a few years ago were way worse, perhaps even the Heat team that beat the Mavs in the mid-2000's. The Mavs team that beat the Heat in 2011 or whatever were about equal to me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Agreed. And I never used to. But the more both him and his fanboys push the GREATEST EVAR crap, the more I dislike him. That shit is constant. And I could even accept it if it was just a fan thing, but he spouts that shit himself with all the king james crap. Just go away, you flopping POS.
He is a piece of shit, man.

I hate that dude.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He's likeable to me because he only cares about ball, he doesn't engage in the off court theatrics and bullshit in the least.
Yes. I really don't pay attention to what's going on close at all but the few interviews that I've seen from him I can tell that he is a player I can get behind.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Raptors a few years ago were way worse, perhaps even the Heat team that beat the Mavs in the mid-2000's. The Mavs team that beat the Heat in 2011 or whatever were about equal to me.
Bitch, you better respect that 2011 Mavs team!

They were really good and that Dirk performance is still the best playoff run by a single player in the last 10 plus years.

They beat some really good teams on the way to that championship.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's what those insecure guys like him do -- they draw attention to themselves and try to convince you of how great they are because they know they're truly not.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the same way.

Funny how Michael Jordan never talked about himself that way. You could tell he thought and felt it but by his sporting demeanor, not because he'd say it in front of every camera in his face.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

They were really good and that Dirk performance is still the best playoff run by a single player in the last 10 plus years.

They beat some really good teams on the way to that championship.
Yea they were good, so is this Nuggets team, but not as good as those Heat or Warriors superteams or someone like the Celtics or Lakers back in the 2000's.

Clearly better than the Raptors and Pistons, and about on par with the Bucks a few years ago and maybe some of the Spurs teams from the 2000's.

The superteams of the 2010's warp things because of how much talent they consolidated.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You mean the one Cuban blew up right afterwards because he said it was a fluke? :tippytoe

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You mean the one Cuban blew up right afterwards because he said it was a fluke? :tippytoe
I don't recall hm saying that, but I do remember him purposely blowing it up because he thought they were going to get Dwight Howard in the summer of 2012 but it did not work out that way and we ruined the chance to have another good season.

The Mavs wouldn't have been champs in 2012, but they would have been much better than what they are actually were that year with that patchwork roster they threw together.

Genghis Khan

I think Milwaukee was clearly the best team this year. The Nuggets were a good team that played in a conference that had no great teams, and were lucky to not have to face Milwaukee (or Boston for that matter) in the finals.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Milwaukee was clearly the best team this year. The Nuggets were a good team that played in a conference that had no great teams, and were lucky to not have to face Milwaukee (or Boston for that matter) in the finals.
Giannis had the injury but they were mentally fucked in the playoffs for whatever reason, no chance they were the best team with that all time pathetic display against Miami in the first round.

Denver kind of sleepwalked the last month or so of the season, they were clearly gearing up for the playoffs to me, so I think they were at least right there with teams like Milwaukee and Boston.

A lot of the skepticism around them was if Jokic would be able to deliver in the playoffs, I think we have our answer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well Denver had more practice playing championship level teams since the Rockets were in their conference.

Top Bottom