NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The best part of that game was Luka joyfully spazzing out after tying the game at the end of regulation.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The best part of that game was looking joyfully spazzing out after tying the game at the end of regulation.
He looked like a child that got the game console he had been really really wanting. :lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Donovan Mitchell had a night. I always thought he was overrated so props to him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't know how long it's going to last but my OKC Thunder have been playing basketball at the level of a legit playoff team for about a month now. They've notched some impressive wins against teams like the Celtics, Sixers, and Memphis.

The kids are developing quicker than most anticipated. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is a legit all-star and possibly even an All-NBA 2nd team candidate, but it's not just him that's led to this better than expected first half of the season.

The #6 pick from last year (Josh Giddy) is rounding into form. He's basically giving them 15/8/7 each night. And this year's #11 pick (Jalen Williams) is performing so well that if they re-drafted this year's draft, most experts have him going at 4 or 5.

The one area that is a definite weak spot with this team is defensive rebounding and length on the front line. Getting Chet back next season should address that problem.

The rest of this month's schedule is filled with big boy playoff teams. If they can manage to go .500 over the next 2 weeks, I might just geek out.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know how long it's going to last but my OKC Thunder have been playing basketball at the level of a legit playoff team for about a month now. They've notched some impressive wins against teams like the Celtics, Sixers, and Memphis.

The kids are developing quicker than most anticipated. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is a legit all-star and possibly even an All-NBA 2nd team candidate, but it's not just him that's led to this better than expected first half of the season.

The #6 pick from last year (Josh Giddy) is rounding into form. He's basically giving them 15/8/7 each night. And this year's #11 pick (Jalen Williams) is performing so well that if they re-drafted this year's draft, most exports have him going at 4 or 5.

The one area that is a definite weak spot with this team is defensive rebounding and length on the front line. Getting Chet back next season should address that problem.

The rest of this month's schedule is filled with big boy playoff teams. If they can go manage to go .500 over the next 2 weeks, I might just geek out.
How many games against Houston did you have?

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Not sure why there's an ongoing thread for the NBA anymore. A healthy C's team will roll through the playoffs and Tatum is your MVP. Not much more chatter necessary.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not sure why there's an ongoing thread for the NBA anymore. A healthy C's team will roll through the playoffs and Tatum is your MVP. Not much more chatter necessary.
Get back to us once Tatum learns how to finish at the rim.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Get back to us once Tatum learns how to finish at the rim.
Feh. He goes through spurts of playing for the call instead of going hard at the rim and just absorbing the contact. But he's done a much better job of that this year.

But in the end, he's been more efficient this year and is getting 31ppg. I don't think a few missed bunnies are hurting him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Here's your weekly OKC Thunder update.

They're currently 8-3 in the month of January with some quality wins over NBA title contenders: Sixers, Celtics, Nuggets, Nets, and Mavs.

They're currently sitting at 23-24 with a nice homestand on the horizon.

Shai hit his 3rd game winning shot of the season last night and continues to play at an All-NBA level.

And 2nd year forward Josh Giddey has taken his game to a new level. Over the last 10 games Giddey's at 18.9 ppg, 7 apg, 7.9 rpg, 52% FG, 92% FT.

Basically what I'm trying to say is....

Stringer Bell OKC Thunder.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
@1bigfan13

And next year they'll get Holmgren back, plus they have all those future draft picks.

Pretty cool seeing what a great GM can do, isn't it?

1bigfan13

Staff member
@1bigfan13

And next year they'll get Holmgren back, plus they have all those future draft picks.

Pretty cool seeing what a great GM can do, isn't it?
Adding Holmgren to the mix next year along with one more front line player would make them a playoff team.

I'd like to see them add one of those Marcus Morris type of PF/Centers. Basically someone who is 6'9" or taller with wide shoulders and can rebound and defend the post. Chet and Poku have the length but I don't think either of them will ever add a lot of muscle to their frame.

Top Bottom