NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Again, he's right but the NBA wants it this way. Stars get a huge benefit of the doubt. And when you let these go so often and basically leave it up to interpretation, it means they can pick and choose when to call things and control games easier. Sad but true.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's not wrong.
They've finally been cracking down on traveling and illegal screens this year. Obviously they're still missing a lot of stuff but it's nto nearly as bad as it's been in the past.

It was embarrassing what they were allowing the Warriors to get away with. Draymond was basically a pulling OG out there and refs rarely called him for moving screens.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Again, he's right but the NBA wants it this way. Stars get a huge benefit of the doubt. And when you let these go so often and basically leave it up to interpretation, it means they can pick and choose when to call things and control games easier. Sad but true.
That's something I never understood. Guys like Lebron and Curry are all-time elite players. They don't need the refs help to be great, but for whatever reason refs are always giving them ticky-tack fouls and extra leeway when it comes to the rules. But those same refs who look the other way on superstars' infractions will strictly enforce the rules with low-end role players who actually do need a little help from the refs. :lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, started with Jordan as far as I recall. I don't remember Bird and Magic getting away with things as blatantly as Jordan did. That model worked for the league so they continued it with later superstars.

It's one of the biggest turnoffs for me about the NBA.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
All the triple doubles are a cool individual thing but the Mavs would probably have a higher ceiling as a team if they played a style that doesn't emphasize heavy usage of Luka.

It reminds me of Westbrook in OKC. Lots of triple doubles but only 47 wins to show for it at the end of the season coupled with an early playoff exit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Enough to keep him relevant until he lets you down in the playoffs.

Oh, we're not winning anything this season.

But this is different than Harden's Rockets. Embiid is the main piece, not Harden.

Top Bottom