NBA Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh shit, I just googled, and there really is an ESPN 8. I thought you were making a joke. :lol
I was. The Ocho is from the movie Dodgeball. Where obscure WGAS sports like plate spinning, dodgeball, and soccer are televised.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was. The Ocho is from the movie Dodgeball. Where obscure sports like plate spinning, dodgeball, and soccer are televised.
God damn it! I'm just going to quit while I'm not ahead. I'll see myself out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hockey is a niche sport and MLS is more popular?

Then why do I see hockey games on main channels and soccer is on ESPN 8 or some obscure shit like that?

TV is a pretty defining judge of which sport is more popular than which in this country.
Numbers don't lie.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hockey is a niche sport and MLS is more popular?

Then why do I see hockey games on main channels and soccer is on ESPN 8 or some obscure shit like that?

TV is a pretty defining judge of which sport is more popular than which in this country.
:lol

Wait a minute.

So what "main" channels are these? Because ESPN and ESPN2, FS1 and even ABC show MLS games. So are those the "main" channels you speak of or are there different main channels in that shithole of a state that you live in?

And yes, it is a niche sport. Sorry if you foolishly thought otherwise. I guess the fact that they are dead last in attendance, even behind the MLS, is just a coincidence huh?

Or maybe fans just love the home experience so much that they'd rather watch hockey at home but go to the stadiums for all the others sports.

Oh yeah....that must be it.

Cotton

Staff member
Can't believe you didn't realize that was from Dodgeball.

You're losing some MPH on your fastball, old man.
I think "You need to have Tommy John's surgery and then retire" is probably closer to the truth.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Touched a nerve, eh?

You can untwist your frilly little soccer panties. I apologize for hurting your feelings.
Nah, I just figured since you're incapable of not being a smug douchebag with everyone you disagree with, regardless of the topic, I felt it was only right to reply to you in the same manner.

So when you can have a discussion like an adult, I'll do the same.

Until then?

Fuck you very much and have a good day.

Cotton

Staff member
Been a while since we had a dustup at the ole DCC. I'll make the popcorn. @1bigfan13, you got the beer?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Nah, I just figured since you're incapable of not being a smug douchebag with everyone you disagree with, regardless of the topic, I felt it was only right to reply to you in the same manner.

So when you can have a discussion like an adult, I'll do the same.

Until then?

Fuck you very much and have a good day.
Aww, it’ll be ok little buddy.

C’mere

~e-hug and a noogie~

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Nobody gives a shit about hockey and they never will.

The NBA could close up shop tomorrow and nobody that watches basketball would then decide to pick up hockey as an alternative.

Hockey is a niche sport and it will never be more popular than it is right now in this country.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hockey has a cap and that is relatively certain without a demographic shift but basketball can very much ruin its fan base and hockey, a superior sport in every other respect, can easily be the beneficiary. The NFL took a hit and what the NBA is doing now is far more egregious and the fan base far less loyal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Numbers don't lie.
Yeah the numbers don't lie. Look at the revenue of each sport. MLS is still far behind hockey. Their TV contracts are worth a lot more than soccer as well. Attendance is great but it's a small piece of the pie. Especially when you consider the number of games played.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah the numbers don't lie. Look at the revenue of each sport. MLS is still far behind hockey. Their TV contracts are worth a lot more than soccer as well. Attendance is great but it's a small piece of the pie. Especially when you consider the number of games played.
Uh oh. You and the shithole state you live in are about to be canceled.

Sorry.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom