NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah that does seem to be selling low, but there are now reports Holiday might be going back to Philly in a bigger deal.
If Holiday is a free agent I'm not in favor of that either, depending on the deal.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Don't know how true this is but...

Jeff Zillgitt – Verified account ‏@JeffZillgitt

One nugget I can add to Jahlil Okafor story: Multiple teams interested in him. 76ers not rushing into deal unless they get what they want.
2:55 PM - 6 Feb 2017

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't know how true this is but...

Jeff Zillgitt – Verified account ‏@JeffZillgitt

One nugget I can add to Jahlil Okafor story: Multiple teams interested in him. 76ers not rushing into deal unless they get what they want.
2:55 PM - 6 Feb 2017
Not surprised I am sure multiple teams would be interested.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This Yogi Ferrell kid just might be the real deal for the Mavs.

Jiggyfly

Banned

3m
Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @WojVerticalNBA
Orlando has agreed to trade Serge Ibaka to Toronto for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first-round pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

3m
Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @WojVerticalNBA
Orlando has agreed to trade Serge Ibaka to Toronto for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first-round pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.
Orlando is never going to climb out of this muddy shit hole they have created. You've basically swapped Oladipo for Ross and a shitty 2017 first round pick.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Who's fired up for the celebrity game? I've got team New Orleans.

Jiggyfly

Banned

New Orleans: DeMarcus Cousins & Omri Casspi
Sacramento: Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, Tyreke Evans, 2017 1st round pick, 2017 2nd round pick(from Philadelphia)

If that's all Sac got that's a terrible trade.

1bigfan13

Staff member

New Orleans: DeMarcus Cousins & Omri Casspi
Sacramento: Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, Tyreke Evans, 2017 1st round pick, 2017 2nd round pick(from Philadelphia)

If that's all Sac got that's a terrible trade.
I think Cousins' contract status limits what they could get for him. Also in most cases involving players of Cousins value, you're not going to get dollar for dollar value.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think Cousins' contract status limits what they could get for him. Also in most cases involving players of Cousins value, you're not going to get dollar for dollar value.
I was mainly talking about draft picks, A non lottery and a 2nd is garbage.

D

Deuce

It disappoints me that Cousins was available for so little. He's one of the few players I would have gladly given up the Brooklyn pick for.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I was mainly talking about draft picks, A non lottery and a 2nd is garbage.
Gotcha.

As for the players they received in the trade, I think Buddy Hield has a chance to develop into a nice player for them.

I suspect his NBA career will get progressively better as he gains more comfort and experience. Similar to what we saw from him in college.

I think he can make that slow climb to borderline All-Star like C.J. McCollum and be a legit 20 ppg shooting guard.

The problem is he's now with a train wreck of a franchise and he's saddled with one of the worst owners in pro sports.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Gotcha.

As for the players they received in the trade, I think Buddy Hield has a chance to develop into a nice player for them.

I suspect his NBA career will get progressively better as he gains more comfort and experience. Similar to what we saw from him in college.

I think he can make that slow climb to borderline All-Star like C.J. McCollum and be a legit 20 ppg shooting guard.

The problem is he's now with a train wreck of a franchise and he's saddled with one of the worst owners in pro sports.
Not that high on Heild unless he upgrades his handle significantly he will never be C.J. McCollum.

He also needs to finish much better add in the fact he is not particularly young and I doubt he even reaches a J.J. Reddick level.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not that high on Heild unless he upgrades his handle significantly he will never be C.J. McCollum.

He also needs to finish much better add in the fact he is not particularly young and I doubt he even reaches a J.J. Reddick level.
Clearly he's not a finished product. He's only halfway through his rookie year.

McCollum was a bit 5 ppg scorer his first couple of years in the league and was a 4 year college player as well. So it's not like Hield is behind the development curve.

Give him time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, Hield has an incredible work ethic. He's not one of those guys who just tries to get by based on talent alone.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
A 12 year old with no experience aside from NBA2K could run the Kings better, literally.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Top Bottom