NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sorry bro, but the Nets pick isn't for sale. You'll get a hodgepodge of other picks packaged with Marcus Smart and like it.
:lol

Sure.

Fairly certain Ainge would give up at least the 17 Nets pick for Butler, but if not that's fine, enjoy losing to Cleveland. I'd sit on Butler out of spite rather than give him up for a shit trade.

D

Deuce

:lol

Sure.

Fairly certain Ainge would give up at least the 17 Nets pick for Butler, but if not that's fine, enjoy losing to Cleveland. I'd sit on Butler out of spite rather than give him up for a shit trade.
I don't think we would. #1 overall pick is too valuable with some real difference makers out there. Comparisons to Rose and Chris Paul. I'm not passing on that potential for Jimmy Butler.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think we would. #1 overall pick is too valuable with some real difference makers out there. Comparisons to Rose and Chris Paul. I'm not passing on that potential for Jimmy Butler.
I think you are overrating the players in this draft a bit.

I would take Butler over any of these guys and their potential, remember the Wiggins and Parker draft?

D

Deuce

I would take Butler over any of these guys and their potential, remember the Wiggins and Parker draft?
These aren't my comparisons, it's ones I read on other sites. I admit I haven't watched Washington ball all year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Both of those dudes were supposed to be the "next Lebron". :lol

D

Deuce

What's with the hate on Jabari Parker? He came back nicely from a bad injury and is putting up 20 ppg. He and Gianni's look nice together and Brogdon will develop into a nicely complimentary player.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What's with the hate on Jabari Parker? He came back nicely from a bad injury and is putting up 20 ppg. He and Gianni's look nice together and Brogdon will develop into a nicely complimentary player.
What Parker hate? He's a good player. He's just not the top 10 talent that they projected him to be. He was supposed to be in the discussion for best player in the NBA.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea, Butler is a top 15/borderline top 10 player who is only 27 and is under a very reasonable contract this year and the next two. There is absolutely no guarantee any of the guys that go in the top 3 this year end up being that level of player, even though there obviously is a good chance that one of them will.

And then not to mention the added value that Butler brings as far as making the Finals now, by the time whoever the Celtics pick with that top 3 pick is an established player guys like Horford will be on his last legs and Thomas will be 30+.

As an aside, I have seen Fultz play in person, he's very good, has prototypical size and has excellent ball-handling ability for someone that's 6-4+, but I feel like he's basically stat-padding on a shit Washington team. He's going to be a good pro, but if he was a truly transcendent player he'd lift up a college team to better than 12-10 or whatever they are right now, not to mention the game I went to was the WCAC tournament final (one of the best HS leagues in the country) and was a game that his team lost where he was not some dominant force, nor was he the best player on the court as far as impacting that particular game.

D

Deuce

What Parker hate? He's a good player. He's just not the top 10 talent that they projected him to be. He was supposed to be in the discussion for best player in the NBA.
He's essentially in year 2. I'm not going to write him off quite yet. I think he could easily become a top 10 guy.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yes, he is a nice player but Butler is much better.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea, Butler is a top 15/borderline top 10 player who is only 27 and is under a very reasonable contract this year and the next two. There is absolutely no guarantee any of the guys that go in the top 3 this year end up being that level of player, even though there obviously is a good chance that one of them will.

And then not to mention the added value that Butler brings as far as making the Finals now, by the time whoever the Celtics pick with that top 3 pick is an established player guys like Horford will be on his last legs and Thomas will be 30+.

As an aside, I have seen Fultz play in person, he's very good, has prototypical size and has excellent ball-handling ability for someone that's 6-4+, but I feel like he's basically stat-padding on a shit Washington team. He's going to be a good pro, but if he was a truly transcendent player he'd lift up a college team to better than 12-10 or whatever they are right now, not to mention the game I went to was the WCAC tournament final (one of the best HS leagues in the country) and was a game that his team lost where he was not some dominant force, nor was he the best player on the court as far as impacting that particular game.
They were saying the same about Russell a couple of years ago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They were saying the same about Russell a couple of years ago.
Yea it's similar although I think Fultz is a better prospect. More athletic/explosive, better defensively, taller, but that Ohio St. team that Russell was on was much better than Washington. They were a tournament team if I remember correctly, Washington is below .500.

I don't care who you're playing with, if you're a transcendent talent on a D-1 team you should never be a below .500 team.

Another thing to consider from the Celtics POV is that the majority of the top prospects this year are ball-dominant PG's, how well is a guy like Ball or Fultz going to fit with Thomas who is a ball-dominant PG himself?

So not only will the Celtics have to likely wait about 3 years before whoever they take with the Brooklyn pick is ready to contribute as a 3rd option or better on a title contending team, they would potentially be getting a player who isn't a great fit with how the roster is currently constructed.

Butler on the other hand fits exactly what they need, both him and Thomas are legit go to guys and can close games, and the combo of him and Crowder would be the best defensive wing duo in the league. Would that help in a 7 game series against LeBron?

The Celtics would honestly be lucky if the Bulls only asked for the 17 Nets pick and not both, if the Bulls were willing to do it for just the 17 pick they should jump at it. If it was my decision I'd say both the 17 and 18 pick or F off.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Butler is 6 years older and barely a blip in the NBA radar at that time in his career. Parker's equaling his output from age 24 at 21.
Butler was a reserve on a contending team, the comparison not equal, and butler is a much better defensive player.

Ppg is the not a good measure of their impact as a player.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea it's similar although I think Fultz is a better prospect. More athletic/explosive, better defensively, taller, but that Ohio St. team that Russell was on was much better than Washington. They were a tournament team if I remember correctly, Washington is below .500.

I don't care who you're playing with, if you're a transcendent talent on a D-1 team you should never be a below .500 team.

Another thing to consider from the Celtics POV is that the majority of the top prospects this year are ball-dominant PG's, how well is a guy like Ball or Fultz going to fit with Thomas who is a ball-dominant PG himself?

So not only will the Celtics have to likely wait about 3 years before whoever they take with the Brooklyn pick is ready to contribute as a 3rd option or better on a title contending team, they would potentially be getting a player who isn't a great fit with how the roster is currently constructed.

Butler on the other hand fits exactly what they need, both him and Thomas are legit go to guys and can close games, and the combo of him and Crowder would be the best defensive wing duo in the league. Would that help in a 7 game series against LeBron?

The Celtics would honestly be lucky if the Bulls only asked for the 17 Nets pick and not both, if the Bulls were willing to do it for just the 17 pick they should jump at it. If it was my decision I'd say both the 17 and 18 pick or F off.
I would not trade Butler for anything less than a high lottery pick.

Would love to have him in Houston I think that he could put us in the true contender conversation.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would not trade Butler for anything less than a high lottery pick.

Would love to have him in Houston I think that he could put us in the true contender conversation.
That's why I'd hold out for both Nets picks, the added benefit of trading Butler would then be that the Bulls should get a top 8 or so pick this year, as well as next year. The 17 Nets pick and Jaylen Brown might be something to consider but I'd still push for the two Brooklyn picks.

It's laughable honestly to think the Celtics would balk at a deal involving just the 17 pick. Butler makes them a clear top 5 team in the league over the next 3-4 years, LeBron is 32 now, you have to imagine that he will start a slow decline soon and that might be enough to make Boston the favorites in the East either next season or the year after with Butler/Thomas in their prime and Horford on the back end of his prime.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Celtics have seemed kind of retarded with what they consider value in trades. Not everyone is Billy king.

D

Deuce

Celtics have seemed kind of retarded with what they consider value in trades. Not everyone is Billy king.
If by retarded you mean awesome, than I agree. Ainge trades got them to two finals and then got them the core they have now which basically went through a 1 year rebuilding period. Even decisions I considered to be stupid (taking Jaylen Brown 3rd overall) seem to be panning out.

Top Bottom