NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I had OKC in 6 before the series started. Had the same prediction in the Spurs series.

Sticking with my prediction.

Role players tend to play better and be more involved in home games. We've seen that throughout the series. Golden State's role players were complete no shows in games in OKC and OKC's role players were nonexistent last night.

That's why I have OKC winning Saturday night. I expect Ibaka and Waiters to have strong performances in support of KC & Russ.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
OKC taking down two 65 plus win teams in the same postseason would be quite impressive if they pull it off.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Green is getting more and more ridiculous with his kicks. Now he basically does it any time he jumps. Typically I root for players that get a lot out of a little...he outhustled people...now he is just a fame whore.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Durant needs to calm down...Jesus, no one is shying away from shots...run the offense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Goodbye, OKC.

I give them no chance of winning game 7 at Oracle after blowing a 3-1 lead.

And for as great as Durant and Westbrook are, those dudes just turn the ball over way.too.much. It's inexcusable to be that careless with the ball.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Green is getting more and more ridiculous with his kicks. Now he basically does it any time he jumps. Typically I root for players that get a lot out of a little...he outhustled people...now he is just a fame whore.
Agreed.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Goodbye, OKC.

I give them no chance of winning game 7 at Oracle after blowing a 3-1 lead.

And for as great as Durant and Westbrook are, those dudes just turn the ball over way.too.much. It's inexcusable to be that careless with the ball.
Yep, they are done. No way they go into oracle and win a game 7. Durant completely f'd them tonight. Instead of running the offense and trying to get his teammates easy shots he spent the entire night hunting his own shots. Pathetic.

Westbrook was great as usual. But KD....SMDH.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, they are done. No way they go into oracle and win a game 7. Durant completely f'd them tonight. Instead of running the offense and trying to get his teammates easy shots he spent the entire night hunting his own shots. Pathetic.

Westbrook was great as usual. But KD....SMDH.
Westbrook was great, but 4 turnovers in the final 2 min?

Why do those two turn the ball over so much?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Selfish grandstanding in crucial situations.
This is silly. He is their best player and should be taking shots late. No idea how this can be interpreted that he was grandstanding.

I guess his 9 boards, 11 assists, and 4 steals is selfish grandstanding too.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think Billy Donovan needs to sit Durant down and show him video of nothing but role players making big shots to win postseason series. Guys like Kerr, Paxon, Elie, Chalmers, Kenny Smith, etc. all played with Hall of Fame teammates and they were all entrusted with a huge shot to win big playoff games.

The message is....KD, you don't have to take every shot the final 3 minutes of the game. A wide open shot from Waiters is a higher percentage shot than one of those 20 foot Durant fade-aways over two lengthy defenders.

If KD doesn't develop that trust of his role players again OKC is done.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He lost his mind out there...as soon as GS went up 3 he tried to answer with a 3 himself. It was a rushed shot and he barely even had possesion of the ball. He gets way too many isolation plays where he has to create something off the dribble...just seems out of sorts doing that. Westbrook and Waiters should be doing that.

I struggle with how Donovan gives more time to Foye over Morrow as well. That could actually help Durant too...spreading the floor.

D

Deuce

He lost his mind out there...as soon as GS went up 3 he tried to answer with a 3 himself. It was a rushed shot and he barely even had possesion of the ball. He gets way too many isolation plays where he has to create something off the dribble...just seems out of sorts doing that. Westbrook and Waiters should be doing that.

I struggle with how Donovan gives more time to Foye over Morrow as well. That could actually help Durant too...spreading the floor.
I'd like to see Morrow on the floor more too, but he's such a liability on defense that he will get eaten alive.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is silly. He is their best player and should be taking shots late. No idea how this can be interpreted that he was grandstanding.

I guess his 9 boards, 11 assists, and 4 steals is selfish grandstanding too.
He could have and should have used the team. As has already been pointed out 5 turnovers late and that was, the difference in the game. The Thunder was in control before Durant and Westbrook took over in the last couple of minutes. I am not diminishing them I am simply pointing out that in this circumstance they made bad decisions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He could have and should have used the team. As has already been pointed out 5 turnovers late and that was, the difference in the game. The Thunder was in control before Durant and Westbrook took over in the last couple of minutes. I am not diminishing them I am simply pointing out that in this circumstance they made bad decisions.
Are you kidding me? The only reason they were "in control" was because of Westbrook and Durant. If they were more passive, like you are suggesting, I guess we would just sit back and marvel at how Ibaka, Adams, and Roberson take control of the offense. Smart thinking...all those guys can create off the dribble...wait, no they can't.

Reminds me of when Iverson got the Sixers to the finals. Sometimes the best open shot they had was off of an Iverson miss when 2 or 3 guys were collapsing on him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Are you kidding me? The only reason they were "in control" was because of Westbrook and Durant. If they were more passive, like you are suggesting, I guess we would just sit back and marvel at how Ibaka, Adams, and Roberson take control of the offense. Smart thinking...all those guys can create off the dribble...wait, no they can't.

Reminds me of when Iverson got the Sixers to the finals. Sometimes the best open shot they had was off of an Iverson miss when 2 or 3 guys were collapsing on him.
So what? They still blew it in the final 2 minutes with their bad decisions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So what? They still blew it in the final 2 minutes with their bad decisions.
I'll slow it down for you...the game would not have been close if those 2 were not leading the way.

I still have no idea how they were selfish grandstanders. If they had made those shots or not turned it over would they not be considered selfish?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll slow it down for you...the game would not have been close if those 2 were not leading the way.

I still have no idea how they were selfish grandstanders. If they had made those shots or not turned it over would they not be considered selfish?
No need to revert to middle school dialogue Sarge. I am still coherent.

Top Bottom