NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Um in the two losses to OKC he shot 40% and 41% respectively. You know what he shot on the season? 50.4%. So it's not really accurate to say he is playing well up to par. His efficiency numbers are way down. Which could be the lingering impact of the injury or it could just be stellar defense from OKC. Either way, I don't think Jordan was playing through injuries during those playoffs. The Warriors had a regular season that was pretty damn impressive.
It's the Playoffs you shooting percentage is going to drop from teams playing you 7 games straight.

His efficiency was way down in last years playoffs as well most players are.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Um in the two losses to OKC he shot 40% and 41% respectively. You know what he shot on the season? 50.4%. So it's not really accurate to say he is playing well up to par. His efficiency numbers are way down. Which could be the lingering impact of the injury or it could just be stellar defense from OKC. Either way, I don't think Jordan was playing through injuries during those playoffs. The Warriors had a regular season that was pretty damn impressive.
That doesn't necessarily point to lingering side effects of an injury. Lower shooting percentages tend to happen when you get locked into a 7 game series.

Teams have a lot more time to do homework on their opponents in the playoffs. They can spend hours upon hours coming up with schemes to limit an opponent's effectiveness. Whereas in the regular season you may only have a few hours to draw up a simple game plan.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That doesn't necessarily point to lingering side effects of an injury. Lower shooting percentages tend to happen when you get locked into a 7 game series.

Teams have a lot more time to do homework on their opponents in the playoffs. They can spend hours upon hours coming up with schemes to limit an opponent's effectiveness. Whereas in the regular season you may only have a few hours to draw up a simple game plan.
Could be but knee sprains tend to linger too. And for a shooter that can have a pretty big impact.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I still think their best basketball is better than everyone else's, but I just wonder if this is a team that is is able to get back to basics and reevaluate itself. Do they have the composure or even the humility to change how they're playing?

They better, because for the first time in roughly 2 years, I saw them actually looking morally defeated and out of answers. Everyone loses in the playoffs and sometimes you even get your ass handed to you, but something just didn't look right with them last night and I think they are dangerously close to losing their grip on things.

I guess we'll see what kind of character they have in game 4. Lose that one, and it's over.
Talent wise OKC has more talent...Iggy has been good off the bench, but Kanter, Foye, and Waiters have been real good. Waiters in particular has been outstanding.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Green does not get suspended, but Dahntay Jones does get suspended.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Green does not get suspended, but Dahntay Jones does get suspended.
It's BS, but I thought he'd have a chance to get off because the NBA doesn't want to negatively impact the series by taking out a key player.

Looks like they thought about ratings and entertainment value over sending the right message.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Thought the ECF would be over in 4 or 5, and I still think Cleveland is a lock to win the series, but Toronto's resolve has been impressive.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC is one step closer to the 'chip. #ThunderUp

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's over for the Warriors.

This series reminds of the 2004 Finals between the Lakers and Pistons. One team was perceived to be significantly better, and the series was tied at 1-1 after 2 games. But despite the series being even, the heavily favored team (Lakers in that instance) just never looked in control and just had a body language about them that suggested they were out of answers and lacking confidence.

They never gave you the impression that they were gonna right the ship and figure it out.

That is exactly what is happening with Golden State. They always seem to be in an uphill climb and their demeanor is that of a team that doesn't know how to stop the bleeding.

They'll probably get the next game at home, but I completely expect OKC to move on.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
How do you take out all you starters down 13 with over 3 minutes to go?

That is sending a terrible message to your team.

Also Steph should be getting killed if this was Lebron or any other MVP "UNANIMOUS" they would be getting stoned by the media, his body language and defense were terrible.

I hope this puts to bed all of the greatest talk concerning him, some were even trying to push him into Jordan territory.:lol

I am amazed at how the G.S. defense has just been dismantled.

Billy Donovan has done a hell of a job.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I had a strong feeling it would be the Thunder's night after the first Warriors' possession of the game.

All the talk coming from the Warriors after Game 3 was how they needed to make the extra pass and stop settling for bad shots. And what happens on the very first possession of the game? Curry is defended pretty well yet he still launches a 3-pointer from what appeared to be about 28 feet out with about 10 seconds on the shot clock. He misses. OKC grabs the rebound. I let out a of sigh in relief because that shot let me know that all that talk about being smarter on offense was nothing more than talk.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Also Steph should be getting killed if this was Lebron or any other MVP "UNANIMOUS" they would be getting stoned by the media, his body language and defense were terrible.

I hope this puts to bed all of the greatest talk concerning him, some were even trying to push him into Jordan territory.:lol

Yea, I find these "reports" from "sources" about Curry being 70% at best to be comical. I'm sure they're little nuggets being put out by people connected to the team to save some face.

Was Curry "70% at best" when he dropped like 20 god damn points in 5 minutes of OT?

Or when he was 9/15 for 28 in only 30 minutes in game 2?

Or when he dropped 29/11 to close out Portland while shooting 10/20 from the field?

I don't doubt that the guy is banged up and maybe only 85-90% but that is not why they are losing. They are losing because they are jacking up terrible shots and allowing run outs by OKC. Not to mention, Curry struggles dealing with ultra-athletic PG's with a size advantage and that's exactly what Westbrook is. He's struggling to get shots off against someone bigger and more explosive, especially when combined with the length of the rest of OKC's roster, and then defensively he is eventually going to have to get switched off of Westbrook so that he can conserve energy for offense.

That's the real reason Curry is getting worked over.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I hope this puts to bed all of the greatest talk concerning him, some were even trying to push him into Jordan territory.
:lol

I love how now there's all this talk about how Steph must be injured. Where was this talk after Game 2 when he was showboating and showing his ass? He was hamming it up big time....doing his little shoot the 3 and turn away thing and all. He did the same stuff against Portland. Showboating, screaming "I'm back", etc.

But now that there is a bigger, stronger, faster, healthy team in their way for a change, the narrative has shifted to The golden boy must be hurt.

No. What's happened is OKC is finally locked in defensively. They are using their length and athleticism to limit his clean looks. And as I mentioned yesterday, they've been prepping and studying Steph and the Warriors since about 12 May.

Common sense says that if you finish a game in Milwaukee then only have 24 hours to prepare for the Warriors you're probably going to be a bit sloppy trying to defend that complex motion offense. But since we're in the playoffs with plenty of prep time OKC is simply better prepared and it's showing.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yea, I find these "reports" from "sources" about Curry being 70% at best to be comical. I'm sure they're little nuggets being put out by people connected to the team to save some face.

Was Curry "70% at best" when he dropped like 20 god damn points in 5 minutes of OT?

Or when he was 9/15 for 28 in only 30 minutes in game 2?

Or when he dropped 29/11 to close out Portland while shooting 10/20 from the field?

I don't doubt that the guy is banged up and maybe only 85-90% but that is not why they are losing. They are losing because they are jacking up terrible shots and allowing run outs by OKC. Not to mention, Curry struggles dealing with ultra-athletic PG's with a size advantage and that's exactly what Westbrook is. He's struggling to get shots off against someone bigger and more explosive, especially when combined with the length of the rest of OKC's roster, and then defensively he is eventually going to have to get switched off of Westbrook so that he can conserve energy for offense.

That's the real reason Curry is getting worked over.
Remember a couple of weeks ago when people were over-analyzing Lebron's definition of the term MVP? I think people are finally realizing what Lebron and others were trying to say.

Curry's definitely the best shooter in the game. He's possibly the best offensive player in the game. But when you factor in the other side of the ball, the ability to defend, then you can see why some people are still hesitant to call Curry the best player in the NBA.

Curry's defenders will point to the fact that he led the league in steals but the majority of those steals come from him shooting passing lanes and cheating off his man. However, his on-the-ball defense leaves a lot to be desired.

He's being worked over by OKC on the defensive end. The OKC guards are going at him hard and he's not able to keep up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Oh, no doubt.

If that were Lebron putting up the poor performances that Steph put up in games 3&4, he'd be getting blasted by the media.

And about the starters coming out, I don't see the harm. They weren't coming back to win that, and as I pointed out before, the team morale is low and the frustration is high.

Their body language was and has been that of a defeated group, and I'm guessing Kerr didn't want the confidence to drop even lower so he took them out and decided to try and move on and regroup. Curry especially looked more and more demoralized with every missed shot.

Taking them out was done to try and halt the damage being done, IMO.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I love how now there's all this talk about how Steph must be injured. Where was this talk after Game 2 when he was showboating

No. What's happened is OKC is finally locked in defensively. They are using their length and athleticism to limit his clean looks. And as I mentioned yesterday, they've been prepping and studying Steph and the Warriors since about 12 May.
There was a sequence midway through the 4th where Curry was trying to get loose and every time he tried, he got hit by 3 different OKC players and he never touched the ball.

They are making him work and beating him up in the process.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh, no doubt.

If that were Lebron putting up the poor performances that Steph put up in games 3&4, he'd be getting blasted by the media.

And about the starters coming out, I don't see the harm. They weren't coming back to win that, and as I pointed out before, the team morale is low and the frustration is high.

Their body language was and has been that of a defeated group, and I'm guessing Kerr didn't want the confidence to drop even lower so he took them out and decided to try and move on and regroup. Curry especially looked more and more demoralized with every missed shot.

Taking them out was done to try and halt the damage being done, IMO.
13 point lead is not insurmountable and G.S. has come back and beat OKC twice this year.

Start sending people to the free throw line or something this is a game about to send you down 3-1 don't just roll over.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Joakim Noah says he's done with the Bulls front office. Remind me how Gar Forman still has a job?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Joakim Noah says he's done with the Bulls front office. Remind me how Gar Forman still has a job?
Because the Bulls are a toxic organization that is wrought with cronyism, nepotism and pathetic, sniveling people who are basically only in the position they're in because they kissed enough ass and backstabbed enough people to get into the good graces of the Bulls idiotic management structure.

The Bulls are so toxic that it makes me thankful for how the Cowboys are managed, and you know how much it takes for me to say something like that.

Top Bottom