NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wow! Look what happens. Hibbert's in the game and detours Lebron from going into the lane, helping to cause a turnover. Who knew?
:lol

No shit.

As an aside, I know Miami had their chances to make things easier on themselves in game 1 as well, but if Indiana cut their turnovers down, they could be up 2-0 in this series.

Got to be more careful with the ball going forward.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Pacers have to be kicking themselves. They should be up 2-0 after tonight.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We jinxed him when we propped him.
That first turnover was actually a very heads up play from West to get his hands up knowing that Lebron loves the cross court pass across his body.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pacers have to be kicking themselves. They should be up 2-0 after tonight.
Right.

IMO, they have outplayed Miami in this series and their sloppiness on the offensive side of the ball is the biggest reason why they aren't up 2-0.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Pacers size and physicality has left Bosh as a non-factor for most of these 2 games.

No surprise there.

D

Deuce

All those "Heat fans" I saw clogging up the turnpike today for the holiday weekend can suck it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Right.

IMO, they have outplayed Miami in this series and their sloppiness on the offensive side of the ball is the biggest reason why they aren't up 2-0.
I agree. They have made a ton of unforced errors that have made these games closer than they should be.

I understand if Miami's getting in passing lanes and deflecting passes but the Pacers have made a ton of unforced errors.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree. They have made a ton of unforced errors that have made these games closer than they should be.

I understand if Miami's getting in passing lanes and deflecting passes but the Pacers have made a ton of unforced errors.
Exactly.

It's just holding the ball too long or carelessly passing the ball aimlessly or into the paint where it's clogged. Just really silly stuff that is avoidable.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Pacers size and physicality has left Bosh as a non-factor for most of these 2 games.

No surprise there.
He hit some big shots but he needs to be more of a factor on the boards.

Also, the Heat need someone else to step up. "The Others" as Shaq calls them. Game 1 Birdman had a big game.

None of the role players stepped up tonight.

D

Deuce

How about Wade passing up an open 3 when they need one so Bosh can take it.

lawl

1bigfan13

Staff member
How about Wade passing up an open 3 when they need one so Bosh can take it.

lawl
Yeah, that was weird. Bosh hit a couple earlier tonight but Wade's still supposed to be a closer.

I take it as an indicator that Wade has lost some confidence in his game.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wade has been surprisingly ok with taking a back seat since Lebron arrived.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think the size of the Pacers has affected Bosh nearly as much as it has Battier. 3 points in 2 games is horrid. Not expecting him to be a big scorer, but that is ridiculous.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think the size of the Pacers has affected Bosh nearly as much as it has Battier. 3 points in 2 games is horrid. Not expecting him to be a big scorer, but that is ridiculous.
He was rarely on the floor last night. I think Spoelstra thought he could get away with putting Battier on West but obviously that hasn't worked out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
A lot of the mock drafts have OKC drafting Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk. I think he would be a perfect fit and an eventual upgrade over Perkins. I'm hoping that's who they decide to go with, assuming he's still on the board.

A few mocks have Philly taking him at #11 as they're in need of a talented big man as well. If they really like him I think they could trade up a couple spots to get in front of Philly. Perry Jones and/or Jeremy Lamb could be packaged in a trade.

Last season Olynyk rated #1 overall in Hollinger's PER.

Yahoo: 12. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Toronto) – Kelly Olynyk C Gonzaga
The Thunder could use an eventual replacement for Kendrick Perkins and unlike Perkins, Olynyk appears to be a decent offensive player, averaging nearly 18 points per game at Gonzaga last season. This team needs offensive-minded big men, making Olynyk look like a nearly perfect fit.

CBS Sports: 12. OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER Kelly Olynyk, PF, Gonzaga: The Thunder could use another scoring option -- and the big Canadian can put up points in the paint and also from the perimeter. (Previous: 12)

FOX Sports: 11. Philadelphia: Kelly Olynyk, 7-0, PF/C, Gonzaga

The Sixers are forced to start over at the center position after trading away a lot of assets for an absolute dud in Andrew Bynum. Olynyk was arguably the most dominant big in the country and despite Gonzaga's flame-out in the tourney, he was solid. He lacks great athleticism and quickness, but shows the skill set of a 10-year veteran. Olynyk's ability to defend the pick-and-roll has led scouts to believe he can make it defensively in the league.

SI.com: 11. Kelly Olynyk C Gonzaga

With the future of Andrew Bynum in doubt and with a hole at power forward, the Sixers badly need front court help. There are questions about Olynyk's strength and concerns about how, after three years at Gonzaga, he will match up with bigger, more physical defenders. But there is no denying Olynyk's offensive skills. He has a variety of moves in the post and showcased guard-like perimeter shooting at the combine.

HoopsHype.com 11. PHI. Kelly Olynyk Center / 7-0 / Gonzaga / Junior / 17.8 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.1 bpg

The Sixers are forced to start over at the center position after trading away a lot of assets for an absolute dud in Andrew Bynum. Kelly Olynyk is a little bit similar to Spencer Hawes but younger and gives them a skilled big who can contribute right away. He was flying way under the radar before this season, having red shirted last year with Robert Sacre as the team's starting center. He was arguably the most dominant big in the country and despite Gonzaga's flame out in the tourney, he was solid. Kelly lacks great athleticism and quickness, but shows the skill set of a 10-year veteran. Olynyk's ability to defend the pick-and-roll has led scouts to believe he can make it defensively in the league. He's got a Euro-style game, but many scouts are convinced that his skill level and size will be enough to overcome a lack of sheer athleticism and become a solid NBA post player.

Dime Magazine: 14. Utah: Kelly Olynyk – Gonzaga 7-0, C 22 years old, Junior

Who knows what Utah’s frontline will look like at the start of training camp. Both starters could be gone. In reality, they might need more help in the backcourt rather than drafting another big man. But at this point, Olynyk is by far the best player available.

D

Deuce

Nbadraft.net has him going to Philly one pick before. They say the Thunder take the German PG. yuck.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Pacers have no chance to win if the Heat role players continue to play like they have so far tonight. Dare I say Birdman and Haslem are unstoppable?

Also, Paul George, pick up a courtesy phone. He's just allowing Lebron and others to abuse him on the defensive side of the floor and he's not going back at them at the offensive end. Very passive performance by him thus far.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Nbadraft.net has him going to Philly one pick before. They say the Thunder take the German PG. yuck.
Yeah, I saw that on a few draft sites. That would be a mistake, IMO.

We already have Westbrook and Reggie Jackson is a very capable back up. I fail to see where a 3rd PG fits in.

Top Bottom