NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am rooting for Alex Len to drop to the Sixers at 11. I could see it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think he goes before that, but I see Zeller and Plumlee mocked to the Sixers quite a bit. If we can't get Len I'd rather have Deing than those other two. Hell, I'd take Muhammed if he slid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I want Dieng at 20 for Chicago, he seems to be a popular mock choice for them too. If you want an athletic 7 footer like Len take a look at Steven Adams.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We need size, but I think we may be able to address that by bringing back Bynum or signing and trading him. If that is the case I would consider Shane Larkin...I think Holiday could play some SG. Maybe even Michael Carter-Williams.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mike Krzyzewski To Coach 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
May 22 at 11:37am CST By Luke Adams
After initially indicating that 2012 would be the last time he coached the USA Men's Basketball team in Olympic play, Mike Krzyzewski will return for the 2016 games in Rio, according to Pete Thamel of SI.com. Thamel reports that an official announcement is expected within the next 48 hours.

We heard over the weekend that Krzyzewski had changed course and decided not to rule out the possibility of continuing on as USA Basketball's head coach. When we asked whether Krzyzewski or another coach was the best candidate for the job, a third of you picked the longtime Duke coach, who beat out Gregg Popovich (27.68%) and Phil Jackson (22.62%).

As Thamel notes, Krzyzewski has a 62-1 record as Team USA's head coach, having earned gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics as well as the 2012 London Olympics. USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo had remained confident that he could convince Krzyzewski to return for the '16 games, and was steadfast about not pursuing other coaching candidates until Coach K officially told him no.

While Krzyzewski will return, Thamel says his Team USA staff may not return entirely intact. In London, Coach K's assistants included Jim Boeheim, Mike D'Antoni, and Nate McMillan

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Indiana had a real chance to steal one tonight, but they just committed way too many turnovers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Indiana had a real chance to steal one tonight, but they just committed way too many turnovers.
Yeah they did. On that last turnover I think George thought one of the bench players was a player on the court. He just got caught in midair and threw it to the first yellow jersey he saw.

As an aside, is it just me or have the refs heavily favored the Heat on the 50/50 balls and close calls. The Pacers rarely received the benefit of the doubt tonight. If it was a close call the call went in Miami's favor. Replay confirmed on a few occasions that the Pacers were screwed over on close calls.

Superstar treatment has been around for decades so the Pacers better get used to it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just when I was about to say they had a terrible final possession, Paul George nails a miracle 3 pointer to possibly send this one into OT.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just when I was about to say they had a terrible final possession, Paul George nails a miracle 3 pointer to possibly send this one into OT.
Yup, and I was thinking this one was going to the Heat.

Nice to have little more basketball to watch to tonight.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Paul George has really played well against Lebron on both ends of the floor tonight.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What the hell is Vogel thinking there?

You take out Hibbert and give Lebron free access to the basket?

Stupid.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wow!

The Pacers almost turned over again, but instead Wade fouls out and sends George to the line for 3 shots and a chance at the lead.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Paul George who had defended Lebron so well screwed that up.

He overran that play and gave Lebron an open lane.

I also don't get leaving Hibbert out on those last 2 possessions. It looks even worse given that Miami's last 2 baskets were drives into the paint.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I can't wait to hear Frank Vogel's explanation on why he sat Hibbard not once but TWICE. And he was burned both times.

He cost his team the game.

If Hibbert is in the game Lebron's not getting those easy layups. Hibbert at least alters the shot instead of giving Lebron clean, practice-style layups.

Just horrid coaching on Vogel's part and he deserves to get destroyed tomorrow.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wow!

The Pacers almost turned over again, but instead Wade fouls out and sends George to the line for 3 shots and a chance at the lead.
That was a bullshit call. Wade did not foul him at all.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Indiana got lucky/bailed out three times last night, their possession at the end of regulation was horrid but George hit a miracle shot. Then they basically fumbled the ball away yet Miami somehow couldn't recover it on the last possession of OT, and then they were bailed out by the questionable foul on Wade.

And this is on top of George throwing it out of bound on I think the 2nd to last possession of regulation.

Very odd end of game situations there, but at the end of the day I'm still thinking the Pacers might win one and could even still be swept after losing despite such an effort last night.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They are the best match up...their physicality and defense is excellent. They are better than I thought.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They are the best match up...their physicality and defense is excellent. They are better than I thought.
In the East with how it stands now?

Yea, but I like the Spurs if there is anybody to beat Miami this year.

I also think Memphis would stand a better chance than Indiana.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I like the Pacers too.

If they play their cards right, they could be the best team in the East in a few years when Wade's body inevitably gives out and Lebron getting a little older.

Top Bottom