NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
So if Melo stays in NY its a "money grab"? Its not being loyal to the team who traded for you and gave you a max deal? Its not believing and trusting that Phil Jackson can overhaul the roster in the next couple years? Got it butt hurt Bulls fans.

You guys bitch when guys move around chasing a championship and you bitch when they stay where they are at for max money. Unless they almost choose Chicago to chase that championship.

Maybe Melo does choose Chicago, but you stil won't win an NBA championship. Nope.

F this Bulls thread.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So if Melo stays in NY its a "money grab"? Its not being loyal to the team who traded for you and gave you a max deal? Its not believing and trusting that Phil Jackson can overhaul the roster in the next couple years? Got it butt hurt Bulls fans.

You guys bitch when guys move around chasing a championship and you bitch when they stay where they are at for max money. Unless they almost choose Chicago to chase that championship.

Maybe Melo does choose Chicago, but you stil won't win an NBA championship. Nope.

F this Bulls thread.
It's cool to see a guy be loyal to a franchise, but I just don't get the impression that that is what is happening here.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think he is. I take Kareem over him any time. Kareem was an offensive juggernaut and a rebounding machine and he was athletic enough to run the court with the showtime Lakers. He also didn't play in an era when he was the only 7 footer like Wilt did.

I'll also take Magic over LeBron. Magic could do anything LeBron can do and also run the point.

LeBron might be the best 3 ever over Bird. Bird was a better shooter and a better passer but LeBron is unimaginably more athletic.
I'd rank James ahead of Kareem and easily over Bird. BTW...no way was Bird a better passer than James.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wish this shit would just resolve itself. LBJ and Melo fucking around like this is worse than the damned decision.
I don't really get the issue here...they are considering where they may finish their careers, but OMG if they don't sign immediately it is a big problem.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's cool to see a guy be loyal to a franchise, but I just don't get the impression that that is what is happening here.
No one does. Every single person in the media has said, if he wants to win he'll go to Chicago, if he can't turn down the money he'll stay in NY.

It's not about loyalty. It's not even about his family which is apparently pushing Chicago now.

It's not just two Bulls fans making this shit up, that's just the narrative right now. TonyD apparently has a personal problem with it... Kinda amusing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
NY became much more appealing with Jackson...and that team seems to want to build around him. Meanwhile in Chicago, the "franchise" player will not recruit players and there is dysfunction between the front office and coach. He likes playing at MSG and if you do win in NY there is no better place to do it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd rank James ahead of Kareem and easily over Bird. BTW...no way was Bird a better passer than James.
Out of the players that I watched I would only rank Magic and Jordan over James for what its worth. Bird and Hakeem were my two favorite players but I just dont see them ahead of James at all.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

F this Bulls thread.
Yes, that is exactly what it is, first of all because Carmelo is not good enough to make 25 or so a year and have a team around him good enough to win it all and second of all because it would literally take a miracle named James or Durant for the Knicks to be good enough to seriously contend within the next 5 years. Anybody that follows the NBA with a functioning brain knows this, the Lakers would be a shit choice too but it'd be better than the Knicks since at least you have Kobe for a year or two and an organization that has shown it can attract marquee players.

And before you say shit about Phil Jackson, he's a novice GM with a novice HC, the Lakers seem to be in disarray but they still have Kupchak who is a top GM. While I believe the Bulls are his best choice I couldn't fault him for going to the Mavs or Rockets, both would have legit shots at winning now, the Knicks are his worst choice and only make sense because of the money.

And this whole LeBron/Melo/Bosh thing is the biggest story in the NBA right now so you can basically go fuck yourself. I hardly talked about the Bulls all year while you and carp were clamoring for losses for one of the most irrelevant teams in the league, was it a Sixers thread then?

What would you prefer?

For this thread to be dominated by talk of Nerlens Noel and the summer league?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't drag me into your gayness. Talk about the Bulls all you want...there is plenty of room to talk about all teams here.

D

Deuce

This thread won't go overboard until Joey Gallo breaks into the conversation.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes, that is exactly what it is, first of all because Carmelo is not good enough to make 25 or so a year and have a team around him good enough to win it all and second of all because it would literally take a miracle named James or Durant for the Knicks to be good enough to seriously contend within the next 5 years. Anybody that follows the NBA with a functioning brain knows this, the Lakers would be a shit choice too but it'd be better than the Knicks since at least you have Kobe for a year or two and an organization that has shown it can attract marquee players.

And before you say shit about Phil Jackson, he's a novice GM with a novice HC, the Lakers seem to be in disarray but they still have Kupchak who is a top GM. While I believe the Bulls are his best choice I couldn't fault him for going to the Mavs or Rockets, both would have legit shots at winning now, the Knicks are his worst choice and only make sense because of the money.

And this whole LeBron/Melo/Bosh thing is the biggest story in the NBA right now so you can basically go fuck yourself. I hardly talked about the Bulls all year while you and carp were clamoring for losses for one of the most irrelevant teams in the league, was it a Sixers thread then?

What would you prefer?

:lol

Damn.

I can't say you're wrong about any of that.

Rev

Staff member
If Joey Gallo was a basketball player he would definitely be top two all time.

D

Deuce

If Joey Gallo was a basketball player he would definitely be top two all time.
If Joey Gallo were a basketball player, I'm guessing he'd be Kwame Brown. Great potential, massive flame out.

Rev

Staff member
If Joey Gallo were a basketball player, I'm guessing he'd be Kwame Brown. Great potential, massive flame out.
You misspelled Lebron James wrong.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

What would you prefer?

Since MJ left the Bulls they are irrelevant. Nobody gives a shit. They care more about the Blackhawks in Chicago at this point. The Bulls were nothing before MJ got there and have been nothing since he left. Contrary to you and schmitty nobody is dying to play there. As has been discussed their name always comes up when a big FA is looking and nobody ever goes there. But that's the place to be? With a PG who tears his knee up ever trip down the floor and a great head coach who has one eye on the door.

And the biggest story in the NBA right now is LeBron James. Don't couple Melo, Bosh and the Bulls with LeBron. Nobody is camping outside Melo's house waiting for an answer.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
In some news played on the court the Nerlens Noel led 76ers take on Memphis in the finals of Orlando Summer League today at noon. Check back for updates.

EDIT - Nerlens is not playing today. Official word is "rest". Must be gearing up for the Vegas Summer League.

Last edited:
Top Bottom