NBA Chatter Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
Does Bill Simmons not know much about basketball? How about Brian Windhorst? How about the rest of the journalists that say Melo makes Chicago the hands down favorite in the East?

The Bulls are an elite defensive team. Putting Rose back into the mix along with the best pure scorer (or 2nd after KD) in the league makes them the favorite. This is already a team that gave Miami trouble. With the scoring injection, they are the definite favorite.

Cleveland doesn't scare anyone. Adding Lebron to an inferior cast to what he had last year doesn't mean they will run through the conference.... in fact I'd pick Indiana to beat them.
Not sure if this was directed at me; if so, my reply was not based on one of your posts, but rather reading countless posts wherein you often overrate the talent on the Bulls roster and what they might acquire on the open market. Let me explain to you what will happen this off-season, the Bulls will get nothing and like it; except maybe this Mirotic who you have never seen play.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not sure if this was directed at me; if so, my reply was not based on one of your posts, but rather reading countless posts wherein you often overrate the talent on the Bulls roster and what they might acquire on the open market. Let me explain to you what will happen this off-season, the Bulls will get nothing and like it; except maybe this Mirotic who you have never seen play.
Funny because I just said the Bulls likely aren't going to get Melo.

If they did, however, they would be the favorite.

They will however get some role players like they always do.

As for being a homer, no more than the Rockets or Sixers homers on here.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How come you are a complete Bulls homer, but not the Cowboys? Is it because you don't know much about basketball?
What did he say that was outlandish?

The Bulls have like the 4th most wins in the NBA over the last 4 seasons with Rose basically missing 2 full god damned seasons. If they are healthy and make a few roster upgrades they will be right back in the ECF and will challenge Miami or where ever LeBron goes.

And with Melo they would be the favorites no matter where LeBron went, including staying in Miami.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Does Bill Simmons not know much about basketball? How about Brian Windhorst? How about the rest of the journalists that say Melo makes Chicago the hands down favorite in the East?

The Bulls are an elite defensive team. Putting Rose back into the mix along with the best pure scorer (or 2nd after KD) in the league makes them the favorite. This is already a team that gave Miami trouble. With the scoring injection, they are the definite favorite.

Cleveland doesn't scare anyone. Adding Lebron to an inferior cast to what he had last year doesn't mean they will run through the conference.... in fact I'd pick Indiana to beat them.
None of them said that.:lol

Its amazing that in your mind everything works out perfectly for the Bulls, but no other teams can get better.

Cleveland would be very formidable with Lebron, if drafted today Wiggins would still be picked ahead of Mirotic and waiters and Bennett have room for growth, Lebron took lesser talent to the finals.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Funny because I just said the Bulls likely aren't going to get Melo.

If they did, however, they would be the favorite.

They will however get some role players like they always do.

As for being a homer, no more than the Rockets or Sixers homers on here.
I am the biggest Rocket fan on here and I have never gushed about a player the way you do or claimed them favorites, just stop.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn...emotions running high for the Bulls fans.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
None of them said that.:lol
Actually he did. And Windhorst has said that if Melo goes to Chicago Lebron needs to think very hard about whether Miami can beat that team.

It's ok.... you clearly just don't know much about basketball. :art

Cleveland would be very formidable with Lebron, if drafted today Wiggins would still be picked ahead of Mirotic and waiters and Bennett have room for growth, Lebron took lesser talent to the finals.
Formidable? Yes, any team with Lebron is going to be formidable. They just won't be the favorite. Chicago would be.

Wiggins would be picked ahead of a guy who is going to be a 6th/7th man at best for Chicago, no debate there. But Cleveland will be needing him to be part of a big 3 immediately and he's not ready for that role yet. Neither is Bennett. Waiters, who the hell knows.

What we do know is that Cleveland was a flat out awful team last year. Chicago, without Rose, was a pretty darn good team.

Add Lebron to a bad team and Melo to a good team.... Chicago will be the favorite.

It's moot though since Melo isn't going to Chicago. Though I think they have a realistic chance of beating a Lebron-led Cleveland team even without Melo, if Rose bounces back.

Carp

DCC 4Life
BTW...which Sixers fan is homering out in here? Not me...not Tony...I fully understand that we are not winning a title anytime soon. Having a hard time following that rant.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am the biggest Rocket fan on here and I have never gushed about a player the way you do or claimed them favorites, just stop.
Well if the Rockets were in the East you'd be within your right to claim they are the hands down favorites.

Which Chicago would be if they add Melo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Damn...emotions running high for the Bulls fans.
Not really.... they'll be alright and they'll certainly be better than the Knicks if Melo goes back there.

And Miami breaking up means the Bulls no longer have that roadblock in place. They'd have as much a chance of coming out of the East as anyone if Rose comes back strong.

If they get Melo, they are the new favorite. Not really much more to it than that. That scenario is unlikely though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not really.... they'll be alright and they'll certainly be better than the Knicks if Melo goes back there.

And Miami breaking up means the Bulls no longer have that roadblock in place. They'd have as much a chance of coming out of the East as anyone if Rose comes back strong.

If they get Melo, they are the new favorite. Not really much more to it than that. That scenario is unlikely though.
The topic last night was if the Bulls did not add Melo and James went to Clev that the Bulls would be the favorites. I'd take Clev over the Bulls because all those players left on the Cavs would be better with Lebron. There is talent there.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Actually he did. And Windhorst has said that if Melo goes to Chicago Lebron needs to think very hard about whether Miami can beat that team.

It's ok.... you clearly just don't know much about basketball. :art

Formidable? Yes, any team with Lebron is going to be formidable. They just won't be the favorite. Chicago would be.

Wiggins would be picked ahead of a guy who is going to be a 6th/7th man at best for Chicago, no debate there. But Cleveland will be needing him to be part of a big 3 immediately and he's not ready for that role yet. Neither is Bennett. Waiters, who the hell knows.

What we do know is that Cleveland was a flat out awful team last year. Chicago, without Rose, was a pretty darn good team.

Add Lebron to a bad team and Melo to a good team.... Chicago will be the favorite.

It's moot though since Melo isn't going to Chicago. Though I think they have a realistic chance of beating a Lebron-led Cleveland team even without Melo, if Rose bounces back.
I read Simmons regularly and he is prone to hyperbole and even then I have not seen him say hands down.

But hey a homer will latch on to any and everything to feel good. but realize this nobody are bigger homers than you and Simp.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The topic last night was if the Bulls did not add Melo and James went to Clev that the Bulls would be the favorites. I'd take Clev over the Bulls because all those players left on the Cavs would be better with Lebron. There is talent there.
Oh, well I did not say that the Bulls would be favorites if they DID NOT add Melo. Without Melo, the Bulls are the same team as last year plus wild cards in Mirotic, McDermott and Rose returning. That means a 4 seed with the ability to be significantly better, but I would never call that team the favorites.

I think if Rose returned to form, and McDermott and Mirotic panned out, and they landed a Stephenson, Gasol, or another contributor or two, the Bulls would be deep enough to give a Lebron-in-Cleveland team a good shot, though, because I think that Bulls team is better than before and I think that Cleveland team is worse than Miami. But I'm not saying favorite.

If Melo goes to Chicago, though, yeah, they are the favorites.

Rose / Augustin
Butler / Hinrich
Melo / McDermott
Taj / Mirotic
Noah / Smith / Bairstow

That team is a favorite over Kyrie-Lebron-rookie Wiggins-Waiters-Bennett-Varejao.

Carl

RIP Brother
Serious question for the basketball fans; why would LeBron not consider Dallas. They have a rim protector, a legit scorer at the 4; can resign Carter and Marion; Dirk has taken a discount; they have a great owner and a good coach. Put LeBron on the Mavs and aren't they favorites? What am I missing?

Carl

RIP Brother
BTW...which Sixers fan is homering out in here? Not me...not Tony...I fully understand that we are not winning a title anytime soon. Having a hard time following that rant.
Exactly right. Sixers fans, like Celtics fans have to be quiet for a while, at least until we get Kevin Love for Gerard Wallace contract and 2017 #1 pick.

Carl

RIP Brother
I'd still take the Celtics. Kelly cut his pony tail off today and scored 15 points in the summer league.

Last edited:

Carl

RIP Brother
Since the Celtics wont have a dog in this fight for a while; I'd like to see how Gasol would work out on OKC.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Serious question for the basketball fans; why would LeBron not consider Dallas. They have a rim protector, a legit scorer at the 4; can resign Carter and Marion; Dirk has taken a discount; they have a great owner and a good coach. Put LeBron on the Mavs and aren't they favorites? What am I missing?
He needs a more athletic team around him IMO. Playing in the west would be tough for sure, but the Mavs did give the Spurs their best series last year.

Top Bottom