NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So word is now that Melo has NY and the Lakers as his top two teams - two teams that are going nowhere fast and will both take at least 3 seasons......and that's best case scenario.....to put a really good team around him.

This does not surprise me one bit because Melo has always struck me as a guy who cares about a lot of other crap outside of basketball, which is why he chose the Knicks in the first place and lives in L.A. in the offseason.

If he chooses NY or LA over the Bulls and Rockets, then I hope he never has the audacity to talk about championships again.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can somewhat understand the Lakers interest because they have a long history of being able to turn things around. Problem is, Dr. Buss has died and his son is a bumbling idiot compared to him, so you wonder if they'll be able to pull out off this current nose dive. Also they don't have a coach at the moment. You'd think they'd have a coach in place well before the draft but here we are well into July and they're still without a coach.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Things always seem to work out for the Lakers...so I get that one. Chicago seems a little dysfunctional...Rose did work out, but not without posturing first. That whole thing was weird.

I'd go to Rockets though...Howard and Harden are big pulls, but having Morey direct the franchise is just as appealing.

D

Deuce

This could be a great week. Melo to NY or LA, Bosh gets the big money that would've went to Melo from Houston, Lebron see's the writing on the wall in Miami so goes home to Cleveland, Chicago still can't get anyone who wants to play with Rose and Riley is stuck with his dick in his hand while giving huge money to D Wade to keep him around and surrounding him by utter garbage in FA.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If that plays out and the 3 in Miami break up the Bulls are winning the East without Carmelo as long as Rose stays healthy so it'd be whatever.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Bulls would not beat Clev in that scenario.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Bulls are healthy I'd take my chances against LeBron, Irving, rookie Wiggins and a pile of collective shit.

D

Deuce

If the Bulls are healthy I'd take my chances against LeBron, Irving, rookie Wiggins and a pile of collective shit.
Winning the East means little cause they'd all get dominated by SA or OKC if they get Gasol.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Chicago wouldn't beat a Lebron led Cavs team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Who does Cleveland have?

Irving who is good but I think is a bit overrated due to him basically doing nothing but putting up empty stats and rookie Wiggins?

They have literally no front court and would be even weaker up front than Miami is/was. A healthy Bulls team would feast on that, and keep in mind even if we don't get Melo we will make other additions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Waiters, Varajao, Thompson...maybe Bennett bounces back...all would immediately be better with James on the court.

D

Deuce

Who does Cleveland have?

Irving who is good but I think is a bit overrated due to him basically doing nothing but putting up empty stats and rookie Wiggins?

They have literally no front court and would be even weaker up front than Miami is/was. A healthy Bulls team would feast on that, and keep in mind even if we don't get Melo we will make other additions.
Tristan Thompson is a nice role player and Waiters will be a solid player off the bench.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They have to shed several of those guys before signing LeBron, I think 2 of them at least.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Chicago wouldn't beat a Lebron led Cavs team.
I'm not so sure about that if Rose is healthy and they add Mirotic, and McDermott pans out into what Carp expects him to be.

That's a team with enough shooters to beat one of the worst teams in basketball plus Lebron.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They have to shed several of those guys before signing LeBron, I think 2 of them at least.
They have to shed Bennett...they already got rid of Gee. That would give them the space needed.

Now shedding them appears to be a bad thing, but before they were shit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not so sure about that if Rose is healthy and they add Mirotic, and McDermott pans out into what Carp expects him to be.

That's a team with enough shooters to beat one of the worst teams in basketball plus Lebron.
I think McDermott will be a player, but he is a rookie, much like Wiggins is a rookie...which Simp pointed out, so I guess they cancel each other out.

D

Deuce

I've read just Jarrett Jack which they are hoping to gve up a pick to someone to take him like Houston will with Lin.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They have to shed Bennett...they already got rid of Gee. That would give them the space needed.

Now shedding them appears to be a bad thing, but before they were shit.
That was basically in response to Deuce saying they had a couple decent pieces.

Yea, they have some guys who put up some decent stats but there is a reason this team can't even get to .500 in a pathetic conference.

That team will not win a title if they just add LeBron, and I'm pretty damn sure they won't even get past the Bulls or perhaps even a team like the Pacers or Wizards. They will have to add another legitimate piece to that team to become favorites to get out of the East.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This whole bullshitting around reminds me of what happens in college basketball recruiting with prospects waiting around for months to see who commits where, like one big shell game where everything is in constant flux.

If I were the Bulls I'd honestly say fuck it and go sign Lance Stephenson's certifiable self for 10 a year.

Rose/Lane/Butler/Gibson/Noah with McDermott and Mirotic off the bench, then depending on how McDermott develops maybe we let Butler walk.

Top Bottom