NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah it was nice being in the house for that game. I've been to a few of their games when they played down here in Texas but that was my first Thunder game in OKC.

Gutsy performance by Serge Ibaka. It was incredible that he was able to play that well with that bad calf. I hope it holds up because if he hurts it again, they're done.

Also of note, the Thunder are now 3-0 this postseason when Thabo Sefolosha registers a DNP-CD in the stat book.

I think at this point even Scott Brooks realizes that Sefolosha's too much of a liability and his tenure in OKC has effectively come to an end. He's a FA this summer and I don't think he plays another minute this postseason.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Good fit for the Bulls...good defender, can't score.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Pacers are officially done.

Thanks for playing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am hard on Westbrook, but he is flatout balling tonight. So aggressive.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol Pop is such an ass at the post game presser.

Thunder looking like they might pull off another backdoor sweep against the Spurs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC now 4-0 when Sefolosha registers a DNP-CD.

Keep it up, Scott Brooks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think Lebron passing up on the last shot is due to him being scared under pressure because he shed that flaw a long time ago, but I do think a lack of aggression can still be a problem for him and it was on that play.

You have got to take that shot and he's got a favorable look going to the basket, but instead he passes to Bosh who had a man on him.

He's got to try and finish at the basket there, especially when it's the highest percentage play on the floor at that moment.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If you're a Pacers fan I don't see how you can walk away from last night's game feeling confident.

LeBron had the worst playoff game of his career and the Pacers still barely pulled out the win.

Personally I was rooting for a 30 point beat down of the Pacers because I'm tired of all their whining and excuse making.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think Lebron passing up on the last shot is due to him being scared under pressure because he shed that flaw a long time ago, but I do think a lack of aggression can still be a problem for him and it was on that play.

You have got to take that shot and he's got a favorable look going to the basket, but instead he passes to Bosh who had a man on him.

He's got to try and finish at the basket there, especially when it's the highest percentage play on the floor at that moment.
I don't have a problem with him passing up the shot. Spoelstra said that was the shot they wanted and Bosh had a clean look at the basket.

Besides, he doesn't need to take every last shot. Jordan didn't......and we're always comparing these guys to the gold standard, Jordan.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If you're a Pacers fan I don't see how you can walk away from last night's game feeling confident.

LeBron had the worst playoff game of his career and the Pacers still barely pulled out the win.

Personally I was rooting for a 30 point beat down of the Pacers because I'm tired of all their whining and excuse making.
That beat down will come tomorrow.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't have a problem with him passing up the shot. Spoelstra said that was the shot they wanted and Bosh had a clean look at the basket.

Besides, he doesn't need to take every last shot. Jordan didn't......and we're always comparing these guys to the gold standard, Jordan.
I didn't think Bosh's look was that good, and it certainly didn't have better odds than Lebron driving to the basket did.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Yea, but at least they are taking it to an extra game.

This is a lot further than most of us had them going when the playoff started.

As Simp said, they'll lose by 20+ tomorrow.

D

Deuce

I didn't think Bosh's look was that good, and it certainly didn't have better odds than Lebron driving to the basket did.
That play was the result of Bosh's low confidence. There's been lots of times in the last few years when they gave him the last shot just so he can feel like he's been contributing to the team. He catches more crap than anyone on that team and its deserving. But if he hits the game winner, he makes up for it for a time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like Durant alot, but he does not look explosive...like he is lacking quickness or something.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't recall ever seeing a series like this OKC-SA series. One blowout after another.

I expect OKC to win by 15+ tomorrow night and I hope they finally pull their head out of their arse and play well in San Antonio in game 7.

Definitely got to tighten up the defense on the road. Also, Durant had better bring his A++ game on Monday night. None of this 25 point stuff. I'm talking 40-7-5. Because that's what it'll likely take in order to beat SA in SA.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Stephenson is being productive, but his actions are clearly no supported by his team. Would not be surprised if a brawl breaks out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really enjoyed watching this shit Indiana team get pummeled last night. Simmons made a good point that teams like the Pistons of the 80's (vs. Celtics), Bulls of the 80's/early 90's (vs. Pistons), etc. who had that one stumbling block in the playoffs every year usually would slowly but surely close the gap each year before finally overcoming, this Indiana team doesn't seem to be doing that and if anything the gap seems to be widening between them and Miami.

I think Indiana is bounced in the 1st next year by someone like Charlotte or Washington and Vogel is fired, there is too much wrong with this team from a chemistry standpoint, let alone pure talent, and they're in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with Stephenson. They can't realistically hope to replace his talent on the floor but if they re-sign him they're committing big money to a guy who is basically a shithead that pisses off his own teammates more than the opponent.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really enjoyed watching this shit Indiana team get pummeled last night. Simmons made a good point that teams like the Pistons of the 80's (vs. Celtics), Bulls of the 80's/early 90's (vs. Pistons), etc. who had that one stumbling block in the playoffs every year usually would slowly but surely close the gap each year before finally overcoming, this Indiana team doesn't seem to be doing that and if anything the gap seems to be widening between them and Miami.

I think Indiana is bounced in the 1st next year by someone like Charlotte or Washington and Vogel is fired, there is too much wrong with this team from a chemistry standpoint, let alone pure talent, and they're in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with Stephenson. They can't realistically hope to replace his talent on the floor but if they re-sign him they're committing big money to a guy who is basically a shithead that pisses off his own teammates more than the opponent.
Vogel needs to be fired right now after that shitshow.

Top Bottom