NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It is tough without Ibaka, but damn. I wonder if they'd look at dealing Westbrook?
The problem is the joke of a head coach they have. He doesn't have a system. It's nothing but ISOs. Everyone just stands around waiting for Durant and Westbrook to create something on their own. And as soon as they lose one of their main 3 or 4 players the team goes into the tank for a few weeks until they can figure out an alternative.

As for Westbrook, I'm not ready to deal him yet, but I would slide him over to SG and bring in a real PG to run the team.

Getting the ball out of Westbrook's hands will help get more players involved and hopefully stimulate more ball movement. But it all starts with getting rid of Scott Brooks and his nonexistent system. Any one of us could do what he does.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
So the Bulls want Melo and need cap space? They want to get rid of Boozer and his $16.8 million salary next year? They have the 16th and 19th pick in this year's draft. In a salary dump move the Sixers will take Boozer off your hands and pay him, the Bulls throw in the 16th pick and we'll give you one of our 5 second round picks for your troubles. The Bulls don't want to pay Boozer, they don't even want to pay the first round rookie, they need cap space. Done deal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd do that deal and draft a Euro and stash him for a year or two.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I'd do that deal and draft a Euro and stash him for a year or two.
Nah, there will be some decent NCAA guys at that spot. We have 4 other second rounders (I'm sure Hinkie will deal a few of them) to stash Euro guys.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nah, there will be some decent NCAA guys at that spot. We have 4 other second rounders (I'm sure Hinkie will deal a few of them) to stash Euro guys.
You draft 3 first rounders and your run into a problem of all their rookie deals expiring at the same time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Interesting turn of events. The Peake will erupt if Ibaka is able to go in Game 3.

This news should supply the boost of energy & confidence the Thunder sorely need.

Serge Ibaka could return for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals
By Adrian Wojnarowski
44 minutes ago
Yahoo Sports

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has a strong possibility of playing in Sunday's Game 3 of the Western Conference finals after the team upgraded him to day-to-day, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ibaka went through a battery of tests on Thursday and his calf responded well. He injured the calf during Game 6 of the Thunder's second-round series against the Los Angeles Clippers, after which team officials declared him out for the remainder of the postseason.

“The abundance of blood and therefore swelling in Serge’s calf has reduced substantially and unexpectedly, allowing a level of movement and stability not thought possible after the initial diagnosis. Based on both imaging and physical exam, the considerable swelling in the calf indicated the likelihood of a certain degree of injury, and that established the original time frame for recovery. -- Sam Presti, OKC Thunder GM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serge-ibaka-could-return-for-game-3-of-the-western-conference-finals-171131400.html

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So the Bulls want Melo and need cap space? They want to get rid of Boozer and his $16.8 million salary next year? They have the 16th and 19th pick in this year's draft. In a salary dump move the Sixers will take Boozer off your hands and pay him, the Bulls throw in the 16th pick and we'll give you one of our 5 second round picks for your troubles. The Bulls don't want to pay Boozer, they don't even want to pay the first round rookie, they need cap space. Done deal.
Amnesty.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Interesting turn of events. The Peake will erupt if Ibaka is able to go in Game 3.

This news should supply the boost of energy & confidence the Thunder sorely need.

Serge Ibaka could return for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals
By Adrian Wojnarowski
44 minutes ago
Yahoo Sports

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has a strong possibility of playing in Sunday's Game 3 of the Western Conference finals after the team upgraded him to day-to-day, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ibaka went through a battery of tests on Thursday and his calf responded well. He injured the calf during Game 6 of the Thunder's second-round series against the Los Angeles Clippers, after which team officials declared him out for the remainder of the postseason.

“The abundance of blood and therefore swelling in Serge’s calf has reduced substantially and unexpectedly, allowing a level of movement and stability not thought possible after the initial diagnosis. Based on both imaging and physical exam, the considerable swelling in the calf indicated the likelihood of a certain degree of injury, and that established the original time frame for recovery. -- Sam Presti, OKC Thunder GM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serge-ibaka-could-return-for-game-3-of-the-western-conference-finals-171131400.html
If he can come back it'll extend the series but I can't see them beating the Spurs 4 out of 5 with Ibaka at presumably less than 100%.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If he can come back it'll extend the series but I can't see them beating the Spurs 4 out of 5 with Ibaka at presumably less than 100%.
Agreed. I just want to see them put up some semblance of a fight.

Although, on the other hand, them getting the shit kicked out of them night after night does increase the odds of Scott Brooks being shown the door.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Agreed. I just want to see them put up some semblance of a fight.

Although, on the other hand, them getting the shit kicked out of them night after night does increase the odds of Scott Brooks being shown the door.
There is just no movement without the ball for OKC. Too much isolation. The one guy who moves really well without the ball is Jackson, but often times he initiates the offense when he is in. You compare it to the Spurs and everyone can pass and move without the ball. Splitter made some really good backdoor passes. Part of that though is just the lack of effort defensively from OKC. There are certain times they close out on guys and play good defense, but only in spurts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I did not realize you guys still had your amnesty...the Bulls are tight though and I am not sure they just dump him and eat salary.
Yea, if the Bulls were to give up assets simply so Reinsdorf can save money, that'd be truly pathetic.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I did not realize you guys still had your amnesty...the Bulls are tight though and I am not sure they just dump him and eat salary.
Bingo. They'd rather give up a first rounder than pay that $16.8 million.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The chances of the Bulls giving up a 1st round pick to get out of paying Boozer that money are very small, there are already rumors swirling that Gibson has been told to prepare himself to start because he's going to be amnestied.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls can amnesty, no need to do that.

Ooops, already discussed, sorry.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The chances of the Bulls giving up a 1st round pick to get out of paying Boozer that money are very small, there are already rumors swirling that Gibson has been told to prepare himself to start because he's going to be amnestied.
The Bulls are traditionally way too tight for the market they are in, but yeah, they've been preparing to do it, including dealing Deng.

They'll trade Boozer away with no sweetener, or they'll amnesty him.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Exactly. They told Gibson to be ready to start because Boozer will be gone. The media is all on the amnesty thing. Not smart enough to see they'll trade Boozer and a first to get out from paying him.

If the Bulls really want Melo or Love Reinsdorf isn't going to pay the huge contract for one of them and pay Boozer 16.8 million for not playing. I don't see that happening. We'll see if the Bulls make both their first round picks and keep them.

Top Bottom