NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
If Thibs left the Bulls they'd be a much worse team. He gets more out of less than any coach in the league.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] - big win for OKC last night and a much needed performance from KD after taking a lot of shit the last few days.

I was even more surprised by how Indiana won 2 in a row to send it back to Indy for game 7. I know they are struggling and probably won't beat Miami anyway, but they are the only team with a shot in the East to make Miami sweat, so for that reason, I hope they pull out the series win and hope that something finally clicks for them.

If not, then the rest of the East playoffs are going to be a bore.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
KD deserved the criticism and I don't think the editors at Oklahoman needed to apologize.

KD and his family need to get over it. He's a professional athlete and the media is going to be very critical of you at times. It 's part of the territory.

And frankly the headline wasn't even that harsh. The shoe fit, IMO. He's been unreliable. The only thing that I would have changed about the article is I wuold have thrown Westbrook in there as well. Mr. Unreliable and Mr. Poor judgment.

KD & his family just need to toughen up. If he were in LA, NY, Boston, Chicago, Philly, etc. they'd rip his ass much worse. However, since OKC is a small market this was the first time that he's been ripped so it stung a little bit.

Also, regardless of what he said afterword, you know that headline fired him and his teammates up.

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] - big win for OKC last night and a much needed performance from KD after taking a lot of shit the last few days.
It helped that Scott Brooks finally pulled his head out of his ass and benched Sefolosha and played Steven Adams big minutes.

Adams' skill set is tailor made for this series. He's been impactful and finishes with a positive +/- every game he's played against memphis but Brooks refused to put him in the rotation. Instead he chooses to go with experience (Perkins and Collison). Perkins is unathletic and a poor shot blocker. Collison has done nothing but get pushed around and pick up quick fouls against the Grizz. Yet Brooks continues to throw him out their against Memphis' beefy frontline.

As for Sefolosha, glad Brooks finally benched his worthless ass. How in the hell can you be a shooting guard and not be able to shoot? Well Caron Butler started in his place and Thabo played 0 minutes.

The result? Instead of playing 3 on 5 on the offensive end OKC evened the scales a bit and were able to play 4 on 5. This resulted in better floor spacing and more room for KD to operate and OKC was finally able to get off to a fast start for a change instead of falling behind early.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
KD deserved the criticism and I don't think the editors at Oklahoman needed to apologize.

KD and his family need to get over it. He's a professional athlete and the media is going to be very critical of you at times. It 's part of the territory.

And frankly the headline wasn't even that harsh. The shoe fit, IMO. He's been unreliable. The only thing that I would have changed about the article is I wuold have thrown Westbrook in there as well. Mr. Unreliable and Mr. Poor judgment.

KD & his family just need to toughen up. If he were in LA, NY, Boston, Chicago, Philly, etc. they'd rip his ass much worse. However, since OKC is a small market this was the first time that he's been ripped so it stung a little bit.

Also, regardless of what he said afterword, you know that headline fired him and his teammates up.
I agree 100%.

I couldn't believe such a big deal was made over this, and even more surprising, that the paper felt the need to apologize.

Is that how bitch-made our society is becoming that now criticizing an athlete for poor play is out of line? Like you said, he called him Mr. Unreliable, it's not like he called Mr. Douchebag. It wasn't a personal attack in any way, so I don't get why everyone was so up in arms about it.

Good thing he doesn't play in NYC, eh?

And I'm sure Lebron, with all the shit he's taken from the national media over the year, chuckled and shook his head at the reaction to this.

1bigfan13

Staff member
And I'm sure Lebron, with all the shit he's taken from the national media over the year, chuckled and shook his head at the reaction to this.
One of the guys on Around the Horn said the same thing and it's true.

If LeBron were having the series that KD is having the scrutiny would be 100 times worse. So I don't want to hear Mama KD crying about her baby being treated unfairly.

Go to NY or Philly and play like that and see what happens. KD and his family would have to go into hiding.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sounds like the Bulls are basically telling the Lakers to fly a kite, sorry bros.

D

Deuce

Zach Randolph suspended for Game 7. If the Thunder can't advance now, their HC should join Vogel in the unemployment line.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dirk is 4 for 4 to start.

That's a very good sign for us.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Mavericks have been sloppy as hell in the 2nd Qtr.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This one is gonna do down to the wire, but it's better this way. I don't want a big lead to blow.

And 1!!!!!

Come on Mavs!

1bigfan13

Staff member
Monta Ellis is straight killing it right now.

Dude's got heart.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Monta Ellis is straight killing it right now.

Dude's got heart.
Whole team's got heart.

We weren't even supposed to win a game and yet here we are on the verge of forcing game 7.

Gotta hold on, though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh no.....feels like the dreaded late game Mavs collapse coming on.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Parker again.....play some damn defense guys.

Top Bottom