NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It sounds like Parker is playing tonight. Hopefully, he will be hobbled a bit at least.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He still has to make that FT. Also, why the heck is Westbrook taking more shots than KD? We know Iverson used to chuck up 30+ shots when he was playing the point, but he didn't have a Kevin Durant to pass the ball to. Westbrook is an amazing athlete and player, but he has to step back and distribute more. I think OKC would be a better team if he did.
I agree. KD still has to make that shot. It just seems like Joey Crawford is always in the middle of something controversial.

As for Westbrook....he shoots entirely too much, especially from behind the 3 point line. He's a horrid 3 point shooter yet he still puts up 6 or 7 three point shots per game.

Wilbon said it best, OKC's undoing will be their lack of judgement. He's absolutely right. We have talented players but they are dumb as bricks.

Prime example. OKC went on a huge run to overcome a 20 point deficit and take the lead with about 6 minutes to play. Instead of continuing to do the things that got them that lead they reverted back to the same bad habits that led to them falling behind by 20. E.g. bad 3 point attempts, excessive one on one play, lazy ball movement, etc.

On top of that KD led the charge that got them back into the game and instead of riding the hot hand to victory the pretty much froze out their own star player trying to run plays for Reggie Jackson and Caron Butler. :lol wut!

Even if they get past Memphis I doubt they'll make a run to the Finals. They're too stupid.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
New Bulls 2014 offseason plan:

1) Amnesty Carlos Boozer.
2) Bring over Mirotic
3) Trade pick #19 and Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy to the Lakers for pick #6 or the Kings for pick #7.
4) With pick #6/#7, select Noah Vonleh.
5) With pick #16, select Nik Stauskas.
6) With the 19 million in cap space you have, sign Carmelo Anthony.

Next year's team:

Rose / DJ Augustin
Butler / Stauskas
Melo / Snell
Vonleh / Mirotic
Noah / Cheap Veteran

Cotton

Staff member
Mavs season on the line tonight. Don't be surprised of I blow this up into a full blown chatter thread.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Mavs season on the line tonight. Don't be surprised of I blow this up into a full blown chatter thread.
I heard Romo will be there

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
Fucking Tony Parker.

Cotton

Staff member
Nevermind, fuck this team.

~slams laptop shut~

Cotton

Staff member
~opens back up laptop~

:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Nice little run by the Mavs to end the 1st. Gotta keep up that hot hand behind the arc.

D

Deuce

New Bulls 2014 offseason plan:

1) Amnesty Carlos Boozer.
2) Bring over Mirotic
3) Trade pick #19 and Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy to the Lakers for pick #6 or the Kings for pick #7.
4) With pick #6/#7, select Noah Vonleh.
5) With pick #16, select Nik Stauskas.
6) With the 19 million in cap space you have, sign Carmelo Anthony.

Next year's team:

Rose / DJ Augustin
Butler / Stauskas
Melo / Snell
Vonleh / Mirotic
Noah / Cheap Veteran
:lol

You are so high. Nobody in their right mind makes that deal.

Cotton

Staff member
Nevermind, fuck this team.

~slams laptop shut~

Cotton

Staff member
~opens up laptop~

Fuck this team.

~slams laptop shut~

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't think they'd win this one.

Hopefully they can get game 6 at home, then anything can happen in game 7.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Francesa just said the Lakers asked the Bulls permission to speak to Thibodeau and the Bulls said ok. Hmm. He also said Thibodeau has been unhappy in Chicago for a few years now.

D

Deuce

Francesa just said the Lakers asked the Bulls permission to speak to Thibodeau and the Bulls said ok. Hmm. He also said Thibodeau has been unhappy in Chicago for a few years now.
I love Thibs and would hate to see him be the one turn around the Lakers, but damn it would be hilarious around here if he bounced.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Rockets should be all over Thibs if the Bulls are willing to let teams talk to him.

He is EXACTLY what that team needs and he could get them to Finals within 2 years.

McHale isn't terrible, but I don't think much of him as a coach too. Thibs would bring toughness and defense to a team that sorely needs both.

Top Bottom