Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not for everybody though as it is dark and violent comedy almost. If you like Walken and Rockwell, they make it.
Very good movie.

dallen

Senior Tech
'Godzilla' was pretty good. Definitely a worthwhile big summer popcorn movie. There was a lot of backstory & buildup & could have used a bit more actual Godzilla, but it was never boring or overly cheesy. A lot of the monster action is packed into the last 30 or so minutes. I saw it in 2D so I'm curious to hear how how much 3D enhanced the movie.
I liked it. I watched Winter Soldier right after and liked Winter Soldier a whole lot more. It is probably my new favorite super hero movie outside of Dark Knight

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am psyched for Guardians of the Galaxy...has a definite Star Wars/Raiders of The Lost Ark feel to it.

junk

Not So New Member

The trailer doesn't look great, but Nolan, McConaughey, Hathaway and Chastain.....should be good.

The world doesn't need anymore engineers......definitely a world to leave.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am a Nolan whore, but I was underwhelmed. So McConaghey is supposed to be our only hope as the smartest farmer in the world? Seem like a Spielberg deal.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am a Nolan whore, but I was underwhelmed. So McConaghey is supposed to be our only hope as the smartest farmer in the world? Seem like a Spielberg deal.
I was thinking Michael Bay. All the Americana and amber waves of grain and minor league baseball games and an average joe who saves humanity. Feh.

Inception was vastly overrated, now this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was thinking Michael Bay. All the Americana and amber waves of grain and minor league baseball games and an average joe who saves humanity. Feh.

Inception was vastly overrated, now this.
Bay? He is not blowing up an asteroid. Get it together!

Carp

DCC 4Life
X Men is not doing much for me...I like First Class too.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Bay? He is not blowing up an asteroid. Get it together!
I meant the general aesthetic. The story does look more subdued than a Michael Bay film. Not enough giant robots or nuclear explosions. Or Aerosmith songs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I saw We're The Millers last night on HBO...corny, but some pretty good one liners for a B rate movie.

The kid getting bit on the nut by a spider was pretty damn funny.

:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Godzilla was pretty awesome and the build up to his full reveal is pretty great. Monster fights were awesome and the reason he becomes aggressive towards them is primal and believable.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Godzilla was pretty awesome and the build up to his full reveal is pretty great. Monster fights were awesome and the reason he becomes aggressive towards them is primal and believable.
Yes, but does he turn out to be pregnant?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes, but does he turn out to be pregnant?
I always wondered who was around with the Broderick monster to create the pregnancy. Even if it was done via eggs, who fertilized them? :unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life
I read somewhere that it set up Mothra, but I must have missed it.

As an aside...Garreth Edwards, the director, is getting the first stand alone Star Wars movie...probably Yoda, Boba Fett, or Han Solo.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I dropped my car off for maintenance then walked down to the theater and watched 'Neighbors' to kill a 90 minutes. It was actually okay.

The only reason I settled on it is because the start time to X-Men didn't lineup with my vehicle appointment.

I'll say it's worth a DVD rental and not a complete cliche.

D

Deuce

IMO, the new X-Men was phenominal. As a basic movie and story, it was very good. But more importantly to me, it righted a lot of wrongs from the latter two movies of the X-Men trilogy.

The only part that really did nothing for me was the after credit sequence.

Top Bottom