Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...Tango and Cash is a guilty pleasure for me. Also, my love for Gone in 60 Seconds will never fade.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
As an aside...Tango and Cash is a guilty pleasure for me. Also, my love for Gone in 60 Seconds will never fade.
Movies you like but aren't particularly proud of liking... Body Double.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There are some that stood at to me:
Bill and Ted
Fast Times
Ferris Bueller
Weird Science,
Breakfast Club
Uncle Buck
Revenge of the Nerds
Teen Wolf
Lost Boys
Silver Bullet
Back to the Future
Teen Wolf....another one I forgot about.

Uncle Buck was solid too, as was Lost Boys.

License to Drive and Lost Boys were easily the two best movies those Cory dudes made.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Let's not forget Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Those aren't pillows!
If we're talking about general 80's comedies, then this would definitely make the list.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As an aside...this is a hard one (TWSS), but what is your favorite movie of alltime?

I'd go Raiders of The Lost Ark.
Heat.

Outstanding movie with 2 legends on screen together for the first time.

It was arguably Val Kilmer's best performance and Tom Sizemore was great as always.

Other movies I'd give consideration to:

Papillon
Mystic River
Se7en

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Movies you like but aren't particularly proud of liking... Body Double.
:lol

That would be Hackers for me.

Such an awful movie, but I watch it every time it comes on.

D

Deuce

Gone in 60 Seconds is a guilty pleasure of mine as well. The first time I saw it was on a cruise ship when it first came out and I ended up going to multiple showings. I really has a good cast, but there's just something about Cage during his moment of zen listening to Low Riders and then his little finger flip to get the crew moving.

Another one I can't not watch when it's on is What About Bob?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I liked Dirty Dancing.

I will now GTFO

Carp

DCC 4Life
At the end of The Rookie, when Dennis Quaid makes it to the majors...well, someone was cutting some onions around my face.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm a Tom Hanks whore so mine are Cast Away and Saving Private Ryan.
I am too.

There may not be a more diverse or better actor than Hanks.

Just look at the varying roles he's played and you've got so many different types.

The overgrown kid in Big.

The gay character fighting aids in Philadelphia.

Forrest fricking Gump.

The lonely guy on a deserted island who talks to a ball in Castaway.

And of course, Saving Private Ryan.

His body of work is as impressive as anyone in the industry.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
At the end of The Rookie, when Dennis Quaid makes it to the majors...well, someone was cutting some onions around my face.
Best baseball movie?

For me, it's Bull Durham.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Officers do a dangerous job, and it seems like only the tiny minority of dishonest ones make the news (until there's something like the bombing or 9/11, during which they are recognized for running toward the danger). They sit in cars that might as well be marked "enemy" in neighborhoods most of us would be afraid to walk in. I just have a healthy respect for the job they do.
I deal with exclusively convicted felons and they deal with the general public for the most part. I have a degree and most of them have barely a high school education and most of them are quick to tell me how much better they are than mere "prison guards". I'm a little jaded by that attitude. One of my buddies from the prison system is joining San Antonio Police Department and I expect I'll hear about some attitude related to that.

I've had a mix of OK experiences with them and times where the cop in question was an abusive unprofessional POS. Though to be fair the latter were never in a tough neighborhood because the asshole cops always seem to be small town yokels whose job qualifications read "cousin to local sheriff". When I'm in San Antonio or Houston and I see a cop I am not nervous that he'll pull me over for no reason because he's bored because I know he has actual work to do.

Just my observations.

D

Deuce

It's a toss up for me between Bull Durham and Field of Dreams.
I don't even count Field of Dreams as a baseball movie. It's a major part of the plot, but very little baseball is actually involved.

Maybe it's just me.

Either way, great movie.

D

Deuce

I deal with exclusively convicted felons and they deal with the general public for the most part. I have a degree and most of them have barely a high school education and most of them are quick to tell me how much better they are than mere "prison guards". I'm a little jaded by that attitude. One of my buddies from the prison system is joining San Antonio Police Department and I expect I'll hear about some attitude related to that.

I've had a mix of OK experiences with them and times where the cop in question was an abusive unprofessional POS. Though to be fair the latter were never in a tough neighborhood because the asshole cops always seem to be small town yokels whose job qualifications read "cousin to local sheriff". When I'm in San Antonio or Houston and I see a cop I am not nervous that he'll pull me over for no reason because he's bored because I know he has actual work to do.

Just my observations.
CSB

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Field of Dreams does have James Earl Jones delivering an epic soliloquy about the spiritual importance of baseball, though.

Top Bottom