Must See Movies

D

Deuce

Going to see Anchorman 2 after work today. I gotta admit, I'm excited. I always wanted a sequal and then I was geeked when they announced it. But then expectations went down cause most sequals suck.

But I've heard too many people have seen it already and given it props. So now I'm psyched again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Going to see Anchorman 2 after work today. I gotta admit, I'm excited. I always wanted a sequal and then I was geeked when they announced it. But then expectations went down cause most sequals suck.

But I've heard too many people have seen it already and given it props. So now I'm psyched again.
Never had the urge to see the first one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Given the way they have overpromoted it...I would not be shocked if it sucked...especially to someone who doesn't exactly worship the original.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really enjoyed it...IMO Brick steals the movie. I have seen the first one so many times that I revere it...I don't have the same feel for this one yet, but my gut feeling is this will be in my rotation for a long time. It is not as strong as the first one though, but not many are IMO.

D

Deuce

Given the way they have overpromoted it...I would not be shocked if it sucked...especially to someone who doesn't exactly worship the original.
It was great. Definitely some dumb moments where they were just trying too hard but it still came through overall.

D

Deuce

I really enjoyed it...IMO Brick steals the movie. I have seen the first one so many times that I revere it...I don't have the same feel for this one yet, but my gut feeling is this will be in my rotation for a long time. It is not as strong as the first one though, but not many are IMO.
I'm the same with the first and I think this one will hold its own. Especially after a couple of watches. The first was better after 3 or so when you get a chance to hear every little thing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I give Elysium a meh.

Cotton

Staff member
Crappy movies I have watched this week: The Family, Elysium, and Wolverine.

Good movie I watched this week: Prisoners.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll never understand why people love the original Anchorman so much. I don't think I laughed once.

Genghis Khan

Watched The Desolation of Smaug and it was incredible.

Even better was Evangeline Lilly. Oh how I have missed her. Quite Yummy.

Good to hear. I probably won't see it in the theater but I can't wait to see it.

Cotton

Staff member
Good to hear. I probably won't see it in the theater but I can't wait to see it.
I agree with most of Deuces evaluation of it. It was a good movie with some really great fight scenes. It was definitely a bridge movie to the last one. Good movie but not as good as the first but of you've read the books you couldn't come into that expecting greatness.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...I got Spies Like Us...that movie holds up for me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gyllenhaal was so damn good...I'd like to see his character on his own adventure.
Yeah...he was very good. If I were casting a movie.... he would be an A list guy.

Genghis Khan

I agree with most of Deuces evaluation of it. It was a good movie with some really great fight scenes. It was definitely a bridge movie to the last one. Good movie but not as good as the first but of you've read the books you couldn't come into that expecting greatness.
I have not read the book so I don't know exactly what to expect but the story is ubiquitous enough that I have a general idea.

Bridge movies can work really well if done right (Empire Strikes Back for example).

Top Bottom