Must See Movies

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Eastwood had more staying power. Heston embarked on a slow decline after '74.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Peter Marshall is 95. The fountain of youth is hosting a game show.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is a movie called Love And Monsters on Prime right now.

It is not a bad watch. Tells a good story and avoids a lot of unnecessary bullshit trying to score woke points.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
There is a movie called Love And Monsters on Prime right now.

It is not a bad watch. Tells a good story and avoids a lot of unnecessary bullshit trying to score woke points.
I enjoyed that film. It definitely avoided the traps it laid for itself

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to check out Dr. Strange.

The early reviews that I've seen are pretty good. I heard there's even some decent death scenes as well.

Anyone else checking it out this weekend.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

The early reviews that I've seen are pretty good. I heard there's even some decent death scenes as well.

I'm not giving another dime of my money to Disney, so I guess I'm going to sit this one out.

I'm like a vegan that just has to tell people what they stand for and shit I guess, but this is important to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Props, my kid is checking it out. I am still a little leery of going to a theater all that often.

Plus goddamn, a tub of popcorn is basically costs two meals.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Props, my kid is checking it out. I am still a little leery of going to a theater all that often.

Plus goddamn, a tub of popcorn is basically costs two meals.
I'm going to a matinee. There's one that starts at 1140. Theater shouldn't be too crowded at that time of day with most people still being at school & work.

As for the snacks....I'm cheap. I bring my own food. A Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sammich may or may not be strapped to my inner thigh. :unsure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As for the snacks....I'm cheap. I bring my own food. A Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sammich may or may not be strapped to my inner thigh. :unsure
Ok, quick CSB bro time...

A couple years ago, three of my daughters were going to a movie together and I told them it would be a lot cheaper for them if they snuck in their own snacks. So they each smuggled in a couple cans of pop each, and the oldest had an entire jumbo family size bag of pizza rolls for them to share. Yes, they had cooked them before going.

When I found out, I teased them a little for being such rednecks. But secretly, my dad pride was pegged out.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You do what you do to get by. Props to NoDak's daughters for saying fuck you, we ain't paying that.
Other than getting a handy using your old lady's purse to sneak shit in is the best part of taking her

1bigfan13

Staff member
Here's a simple life hack for fellow degenerates who like to sneak their own food and drinks into theaters.

When bringing your own soda to the movies, go with the bottled soda. Open the bottle prior to entering the theater. That way you avoid having attention drawn to you by that loud "phfzzzt" sound that's made when sodas are opened for the first time.

This technique works with beers as well if you have a Bottle Keeper or similar device.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rev

1bigfan13

Staff member
The new Doctor Strange was far superior to the original, IMO.

It's rated PG-13 but it felt like a borderline rated R movie. It was pretty dark compared to the traditional MCU/Avengers movies.

I'd call it a mix of Marvel + Mortal Kombat + a dash of The Walking Dead.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The new Doctor Strange was far superior to the original, IMO.

It's rated PG-13 but it felt like a borderline rated R movie. It was pretty dark compared to the traditional MCU/Avengers movies.

I'd call it a mix of Marvel + Mortal Kombat + a dash of The Walking Dead.
Good movie but the CGI, in the beginning, was subpar. Almost DC level bad.

Top Bottom