Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ive seen it several times and own it as well. Great movie.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Name your favorite fuck it, I am going to drink myself to sleep movies.

I have a top five. I know the scripts word for word, the soundtrack rocks.

Its always like eating a good comfort meal.

1. Pulp Fiction - Clever writing, good delivery by the actors.
2. A Clockwork Orange - The music is impeccable. The ultra-violence.
3. The Big Lebowski - Keeps a slow mellow pace, man.
4. Escape From New York - Carpenter could write a soundtrack. And fucking Snake Plisskin?
5. Fight Club - Has the angst of work and the desire to blow shit up mixed together.

Honorable mention: Commando (1985)

John Carpenter is awesome. The Thing would be perfect for this. Big Trouble in Little China or They Live also.

I can't imagine watching Fight Club while drunk or trying to sleep. I don't know if I could handle it.

data

Forbes #1
Let me pop in Lord of the Rings, since I want to fall asleep 9 hours from now. :lol
:lol

Point of movie wasduring a drunk stupor, not to finish/intently follow the movie.

Turn on the tube and movie could be halfway through, yet enough action and character dialogue so you can comment on Frodos bitchness

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Honestly though I watched the clip that was posted above and it just wasn't at all funny.

I've watched all of Coming to America and I didn't like that either. I know that one is really popular so I'm sure it's just me. Both movies were made around the same time so I probably just don't like that era of Eddie Murphy.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
UHF is an all-timer for me.

EmmittStaubach

Homicidal Amish Comedian

Honestly though I watched the clip that was posted above and it just wasn't at all funny.

I've watched all of Coming to America and I didn't like that either. I know that one is really popular so I'm sure it's just me. Both movies were made around the same time so I probably just don't like that era of Eddie Murphy.
Best Eddie Murphy….
Trading Places
48 Hours
Bowfinger
The Klumps
Norbit
Harlem Nights

the rest is crap, IMHO.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Best Eddie Murphy….
Trading Places
48 Hours
Bowfinger
The Klumps
Norbit
Harlem Nights

the rest is crap, IMHO.
You'd take Bowfinger and Norbit over Coming to America? Beverly Hills Cop? The Golden Child? The Nutty Professor?

Whooooaaaa.

Top Bottom