Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Finally got around to watching Aquaman.

Wow.

This was one special turd of a movie.
:lol

You are either a brave soul or a glutton for punishment. Were you in awe of Jason Mamoa, though?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I watched this movie and really don’t think it was worth while. The screen writers got real lazy on this one.
You are a bit harsh. If you are a big fan of the show it was great, especially on the nostalgia side.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are a bit harsh. If you are a big fan of the show it was great, especially on the nostalgia side.
I would like to have seen some developments in this transition period to produce additional productions. Most of the time frame was the time he spent locked (possibly months) but the actual time presented for it was maybe 15 minutes or less. Conversely the rest of the time frame was what took place overnight after his escape and was the bulk of the movie. We were introduced to a couple of old friends he spent the night wit then he took off for parts unknown or maybe back to the meth lab. It was a ragged ending to me and no furthr plots. That’s just my take.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My 15-year old daughter is excited to see Frozen 2 with her friend. My plan was to drop them off, but her friend's overprotective mom pretty much insisted on an adult chaperone. It looks like I have to do the duty.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as you go about your business today.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My 15-year old daughter is excited to see Frozen 2 with her friend. My plan was to drop them off, but her friend's overprotective mom pretty much insisted on an adult chaperone. It looks like I have to do the duty.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as you go about your business today.
I'm throwing the challenge flag.

I think you want to watch the movie as well and you're just using the cover of your daughter as an excuse to go see it. I used the same move back when the first couple of Harry Potter movies hit theaters. So I know it when I see it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, since I never watched the first one, your challenge is moot.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I already have been wanting to see this but now I have too

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Midsommar was fuckin' weird.

Held my attention, but at the end of it, I was like, WTF was that?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Memorial weekend 2021 is John Wick 4 and Matrix 4.

A whole lot of Keeanu weekend.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Rise of Skywalker was a streaming pile of shit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Rise of Skywalker was a streaming pile of shit.
I've heard that from quite a few people now, we're going to see it tomorrow and I have to say this is the least enthused I've ever been for a Star Wars movie

This weeks Mandalorian episode was fucking awesome though

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've heard that from quite a few people now, we're going to see it tomorrow and I have to say this is the least enthused I've ever been for a Star Wars movie
I guess it all depends on how big of a Star Wars nerd you are. If so, there are a bunch of fanboy moments that had some of the dummies snickering and clapping about. But from a plot perspective, oh boy. There was literally nothing redeeming or intelligent about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ok...so since it is called Rise of Skywalker, they are retconning that bullshit from Last Jedi about Rey being the daughter of traders who sold her for drinking money. Clear to me she will be a Skywalker. I could be wrong...maybe Kylo Ren rebukes his name and goes by Ben Skywalker. Now excuse me while I go look at the blast door blueprint from Lost.
@Carp Well it did have a couple of Lost alums in it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Since it is that time of year again.

Die Hard is definitely a Christmas movie.

Top Bottom