Must See Movies

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So a couple of stories I'll leave here.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/henry-cavill-reportedly-superman-stunning-dc-movie-universe-shake-153950312.html
Henry Cavill reportedly out as Superman in stunning DC movie universe shakeup

Superman has been indefinitely sidelined from the DC movie universe.

With last fall’s Justice League proving to be yet another critical and financial disappointment for Warner Bros., the studio has embarked on a string of tumultuous shakeups, which includes the departure of Ben Affleck as Batman. Now, however, the DC franchise doesn’t just need to find a new Batman, it also needs a new Man of Steel, as Henry Cavill has apparently taken his last flight as the superpowered last son of Krypton.

While Warner Bros. has remained mum, the Hollywood Reporter broke the news this morning that after three films, Cavill looks to be finished with his superheroic duties, as the studio has focused its energies on developing a new Supergirl film, and talks broke down about bringing Cavill in for a cameo in next April’s Shazam! While the studio didn’t immediately respond to the report, both Variety and Deadline followed with similar reports citing their own sources.

All the reports suggest that Warners and Cavill’s team could not come to terms for his Shazam! appearance, leading him to sign on to Netflix’s The Witcher series. With his commitment to the new show and the studio’s plans to fast-track the teen-oriented Supergirl origin story — which, for timeline purposes, wouldn’t include Cavill’s adult Superman — instead of pursuing a Superman sequel anytime soon, the actor’s return to the iconic character is unlikely.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/henry-cavill-star-netflix-tv-143946420.html
Henry Cavill to Star on Netflix’s TV Adaptation of ‘The Witcher’

Henry Cavill will lead the cast of Netflix’s “The Witcher” series, playing the role of Geralt of Rivia, the streamer announced Tuesday.

Here’s the logline for the series: Based on the best-selling fantasy series, The Witcher is an epic tale of fate and family. Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.

More to come…

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I think Hamm is about the best choice they could make

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Man, it looks like Marvel can do no wrong, and DC.....maybe Disney should try to buy Warner Brothers too so they can fix that universe. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll probably still end up checking out Ms. Marvel but I haven't seen anything in any of the previous trailers and teasers that get me excited about this movie. Hopefully it'll surprise me.

I was never a Ms. Marvel fan growing as a kid either so that could also be a contributing factor.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We need like, a comic book movie thread, and then a movie thread for grownups.

God I'm so over the comic book movie phase.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ms. Brie is a woke cunt who doesn't want "old white men" reviewing her movie, so this is one more film I won't be seeing

vince

Not So New Member
I'll probably still end up checking out Ms. Marvel but I haven't seen anything in any of the previous trailers and teasers that get me excited about this movie. Hopefully it'll surprise me.

I was never a Ms. Marvel fan growing as a kid either so that could also be a contributing factor.
Marvel kind of suckers you in because if you have any interest in Avengers 4, you'll want to see Captain Marvel's character development beforehand since she's more than likely playing a big role in it.

vince

Not So New Member
We need like, a comic book movie thread, and then a movie thread for grownups.

God I'm so over the comic book movie phase.
It's not a phase dood. Movies based off comic books have been coming out steadily for a longass time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I believe there is a DC Captain Marvel in the works also.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Isn't that Shazam?
DC renamed that line of books to avoid confusion with the Marvel character. Which is a shame, because it always makes me think of that genie movie with Shaq in the '90s.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
DC renamed that line of books to avoid confusion with the Marvel character. Which is a shame, because it always makes me think of that genie movie with Shaq in the '90s.
Kazaam is the movie.

Despite internet rumors there has never been a Sinbad or Shaq movie called Shazam. We just went through this with some friends and had some fun drunk arguments.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Kazaam is the movie.

Despite internet rumors there has never been a Sinbad or Shaq movie called Shazam. We just went through this with some friends and had some fun drunk arguments.
I know, just saying it makes me think of that.

I assume you are aware of the Mandela Effect.

Top Bottom