Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't finish it so maybe it gets better. But the first 45 minutes of just some teenagers arguing while in detention was lame.
Breakfast Club very well may be the most iconic movie of its time. It illustrated high school "factions" at a level never done before and certainly not since. You need to watch it all.

vince

Not So New Member
Breakfast Club very well may be the most iconic movie of its time. It illustrated high school "factions" at a level never done before and certainly not since. You need to watch it all.
It's possible parodies made about this and other movies like it have diluted the entertainment value of the movie. For example Not Another Teen Movie.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's possible parodies made about this and other movies like it have diluted the entertainment value of the movie. For example Not Another Teen Movie.
It stands on its own. Trust me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dazed and Confused... I'm just saying

data

Forbes #1
Started on Vince Carter’s greatest dunks, went down the YouTube rabbit hole and ended up here...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
My girls got somewhat interested in Breakfast Club because the Simple Minds song at the end is referenced in Pitch Perfect.

I already showed them Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and Ferris Beullers Day Off for their most relevant John Hughes education.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching Hannibal for the first time in forever because I am bored.

Who the fuck thought Julianne Moore was a good choice to play Clarice Starling after Jodie Foster's performance in SITL?

Outside of her casting choice taking a giant shit on the movie as a whole, the end result had promise, including decent enough direction and a good score.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION]

Annihilation. Didn't get it. I know you liked it.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
It's been used quite a bit in movies lately. The most recent Star Trek and the first Remake used it. This, I think I heard it in another recently as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
No one went to see Black Panther?

Figures for this board.
I saw it. BP was one of my favorite comics that I collected growing up. It was good. It wasn't the all conquering, super best movie ever they touted it as, but it was really good. I don't know if it was the theater I saw it in, but a lot of the scenes were really dark, as in the fast paced action was hard to see clearly because it there wasn't a lot of contrast. I'll have to wait until I get it on blu ray to see if I see it differently on my system. But I loved the characters and think they did a really good job there.

So aside from that, screw you and your speculative reverse racist ideology theology hypocrisy! :buddy

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I saw it opening weekend and enjoyed it despite the racist uproar.

Top Bottom