Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Last Jedi was a big let down. I think maybe the nostalgia of The Force Awakens was the biggest draw for me. It set up some real mystery and legend building that The Last Jedi basically took loose shits all over. Quite frankly, I have no idea what this set up for the final movie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Last Jedi was a big let down. I think maybe the nostalgia of The Force Awakens was the biggest draw for me. It set up some real mystery and legend building that The Last Jedi basically took loose shits all over. Quite frankly, I have no idea what this set up for the final movie.
[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]

You just gonna take this?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Old Vader/Obi Wan duel being re imagined. Here's a preview.

That is what I have never understood about the whole light saber duel stuff in the new movies. You had guys twirling around and flying up into the air, yet here, it is a static stiff sword fight.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Last Jedi:

Luke died terribly. So basically he died because he force projected for a long time and shit. Lame. No lightsaber battle...worst choice ever.

I really hope Rey not being special in any way is misdirection. The link is still there with Ren and Rey...so that is not just Snoke that linked them. They have to be related or she is a Kenobi. This ties into the kid looking into the sky and showing some force skills at the end. No! Fuck you...the force is special is not for everyone. Don't minimize it by making it for the masses.

Umm...Star Lord...oh, I mean Leia and space forcing was dumb as fuck. We never see her use the force ever, now this is how we see her use it? In a way we have never seen the force used, period!

I know the Luke/Rey training was a hat tip to Yoda/Luke training, but this was boring...and all I can tell was he taught her exactly nothing. His training consisted of him angry walking past her in a cape. Gay.

The Luke/Kylo Ren thing...I feel like a ton of people died over a misunderstanding. If my nephew thinks I am trying to slice him in half with my magic sword, then I think I'd want to clear the air with him. Yeah, he could see darkness, but this all went down because Ben thought Uncle Luke was going to kill him. He was half right.

Snoke dying was weak as fuck. We don't really know much about him, where he came from, or how he came into power. We knew with the Emporer and Darth Vader. When they died it was a.big deal...when Snoke died...feh, just met him in person for the first time. He seemed to know about Rey too, but that is all flushed now. Kylo Ren is the bad guy now...even Vader had a boss and Ren is not near as powerful.

Leia was in this movie way too much. Her presence felt forced and overdone. Ben should have killed her to complete his turn.

Lastly, no matter what anyone says...this is about the Skywalker's. Rian Johnson is now making it that anyone can be a force bearer, but that demystifies the Jedi and the force. It is senseless .

D

Deuce

The Last Jedi:

Luke died terribly. So basically he died because he force projected for a long time and shit. Lame. No lightsaber battle...worst choice ever.

I really hope Rey not being special in any way is misdirection. The link is still there with Ren and Rey...so that is not just Snoke that linked them. They have to be related or she is a Kenobi. This ties into the kid looking into the sky and showing some force skills at the end. No! Fuck you...the force is special is not for everyone. Don't minimize it by making it for the masses.

Umm...Star Lord...oh, I mean Leia and space forcing was dumb as fuck. We never see her use the force ever, now this is how we see her use it? In a way we have never seen the force used, period!

I know the Luke/Rey training was a hat tip to Yoda/Luke training, but this was boring...and all I can tell was he taught her exactly nothing. His training consisted of him angry walking past her in a cape. Gay.

The Luke/Kylo Ren thing...I feel like a ton of people died over a misunderstanding. If my nephew thinks I am trying to slice him in half with my magic sword, then I think I'd want to clear the air with him. Yeah, he could see darkness, but this all went down because Ben thought Uncle Luke was going to kill him. He was half right.

Snoke dying was weak as fuck. We don't really know much about him, where he came from, or how he came into power. We knew with the Emporer and Darth Vader. When they died it was a.big deal...when Snoke died...feh, just met him in person for the first time. He seemed to know about Rey too, but that is all flushed now. Kylo Ren is the bad guy now...even Vader had a boss and Ren is not near as powerful.

Leia was in this movie way too much. Her presence felt forced and overdone. Ben should have killed her to complete his turn.

Lastly, no matter what anyone says...this is about the Skywalker's. Rian Johnson is now making it that anyone can be a force bearer, but that demystifies the Jedi and the force. It is senseless .
I agree with everything except the “weak Snoke death”. I do agree he should have had a larger part to play and I wanted to learn more about him and what he knows, but the scene as a whole was awesome to me...right up until it was over and Ren turned on Rey again.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree with everything except the “weak Snoke death”. I do agree he should have had a larger part to play and I wanted to learn more about him and what he knows, but the scene as a whole was awesome to me...right up until it was over and Ren turned on Rey again.
It was basically Return of the Jedi all over again for his death. Also, I like Kylo Ren best of any new character...put the mask back on him...it is bad ass...and Snoke can't tell him to take it off now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched Bright on Netflix the other day and enjoyed it.

Good pace to the movie. Solid story/plot line. Plenty of action. As well as a few laughs, but no forced humor.

I thought it was going to be horrid because I kept seeing reviews/comments saying stuff like it may be the worst movie of the year.

I think the negative reviews are probably disgruntled Hollywood "traditionalists" trying to sabotage Netflix productions. I think this because Bright received the kind of build up to its release date that you normally see with traditional movie theater flicks. Normally you'd have to log into Netflix to view the trailers of upcoming movies, but Bright was marketed as if it were a blockbuster movie that was coming out in theaters. I hadn't seen that before with other Netflix movies.

Anyhow, the movie is worth the watch, IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Last Jedi:

Agree completely.

I would say that I wish Abrams had written all 3 films.

I think one of the important details that the original trilogy has over this one is that all 3 films were written together. Lucas laid out the story beforehand and then came the creation of the films.

The reason why the story is inferior to The Force Awakens, IMO, is that they are writing each film individually. Like a school project where you're put in a group and have to pick up the story after a classmate has written their paragraph.

I'll watch the final film because I'm a fan, but I was definitely disappointed with this film and don't have high expectations for the next one.

junk

Not So New Member
I still don't know what I think of the Last Jedi, but the main part of the plot centered around a slow space chase waiting for a ship to run out of gas.
I think Boyega is a great actor, but his scenes felt forced. Hey, we need a way to make him part of this movie, let's send him on an errand. What was the point of Phasma? I was interested in seeing what Luke became after years of living as a Jedi. I guess the Force projection thing was part of that, but not what I was hoping for.

The Leia thing was one of the worst things I've ever seen in a movie.

I don't think I liked it, but I want to watch again. I didn't care for Empire on the first watch either

Carp

DCC 4Life
Goon 2 was greatness. The first one is an alltimer for me and this hits on alot of the same points. It is fucking funny though...watch it immediately. It is on Netflix.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I liked The Last Jedi. So basically, fuck you guys that didn't.

Whew. This movie reviewing stuff is hard.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Anyone see "Shot in the Dark" on Netflix?

The kid from OnScene makes me want to punch a kitten. Dude talks like he thinks he's a cop.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think one thing we can all agree on is that The Last Jedi isn't close in quality to The Empire Strikes Back.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Last Jedi:
I know Poe Dameron is heroic, but he is pretty much responsible for deaths of countless rebels because he could not follow orders.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What are your movies that no matter when the come on, on movie channels or even a local one, that you will stop and watch again?

For me, one is Die Hard. I own it, have rarely popped in the Blu-Ray.

But if it is on TV, the channel stops on it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What are your movies that no matter when the come on, on movie channels or even a local one, that you will stop and watch again?

Breakfast Club
Reservoir Dogs
8 Mile
Tombstone

Just to name a few.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Die Hard is a good one and I think I would watch as well. Outlaw Josey Wales. The Hobbit movies. El Dorado (the John Wayne western). Probably a lot more that Im forgetting. Im watching more series right now so add Breaking Bad, Justified, and The Office as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

In addition to these already mentioned
Die Hard
Tombstone
Josey Whales

I'd add-
Mad Max
13th Warrior
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Full Metal Jacket

Top Bottom