Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You will hate it. But you hate everything. Well except Pixar movies...
Evidently he likes My Big Fat Greek Wedding. If you look at my post a few posts ago his smilie is sneaking off to go watch it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Does anyone expect critics to give superhero movies much of a rating?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Evidently he likes My Big Fat Greek Wedding. If you look at my post a few posts ago his smilie is sneaking off to go watch it.
Hey. I have a spouse to appease.

If I take the kids to one, she gets hers.

I am so not fucking looking forward to it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
:lol

Yeah. That is so totally it.
It is...much how Marvel thought that DC movies were too dark and overly dramatic...and now they have Civil War coming out? Seems they changed their philosophy and time to be more like DC.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hey. I have a spouse to appease.

If I take the kids to one, she gets hers.

I am so not fucking looking forward to it.
:lol

My wife has been hinting at it as well and even put in her DVD of the first one the other day. A few weeks I was teasing her about taking her opening week and she said she didnt want to go because it was going to be too crowded.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Saw it, enjoyed it. Yeah they packed every crazy subplot and iconic image they could think of over the last three years into a single movie, but fuck it I liked it.

They didn't show the world enjoying its heroes enough to build statues of them to counterbalance the more serious discussions about the ramifications of super-powered beings living among us.

I think that's what they're most guilty of, that and one crappy CGI'd effect you'll know when you see it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The movie is excellent...it does take a bit to really ramp up, but they clearly wanted to flesh out The Trinity. Batman is just flat out brutal. Not much difference in Superman from Man of Steel. Wonder Woman was a bad ass...couple times she smirked in the middle of some fight scenes.

I was very impressed with Eisenberg...Luthor has always battled Superman with his brain, so him being of slight build means nothing. He is a cold mofo though...he has an agenda and keeps to it...doesn't really care who gets hurt along the way...even his own people.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The movie is excellent...it does take a bit to really ramp up, but they clearly wanted to flesh out The Trinity. Batman is just flat out brutal. Not much difference in Superman from Man of Steel. Wonder Woman was a bad ass...couple times she smirked in the middle of some fight scenes.

I was very impressed with Eisenberg...Luthor has always battled Superman with his brain, so him being of slight build means nothing. He is a cold mofo though...he has an agenda and keeps to it...doesn't really care who gets hurt along the way...even his own people.
Glad to hear this, most of the reviews are harping on how joyless it is and I keep thinking that's the point..... DUH!

I liked Man of Steel and I don't hate, Snyder he tends to do action right which is the point of comic book movies IMO.

Yeah I even liked Sucker Punch the fight visuals were great.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Most reviews say, dark, no fun, blah blah blah. Do all movies have to be fun?

I'll probably go see it since a couple here say it is good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I did like the way there was some background on the main Justice Leaguers not in this movie...and it was not shoehorned in there. Admittedly I know nothing about Cyborg, but I am very optimistic about Flash and Aqua Man.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really? I feel like his incessant hamming came close to spoiling the whole thing. It was like he was trying to pull off the Joker instead of Luthor. Recast that character and make Luthor truly a super villain instead of some geeky dork, it is a much better flick.

The "too dark" narrative was overblown. Although they could have played up the mistrust of humanity and the "God" angle more.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Really? I feel like his incessant hamming came close to spoiling the whole thing. It was like he was trying to pull off the Joker instead of Luthor. Recast that character and make Luthor truly a super villain instead of some geeky dork, it is a much better flick.

The "too dark" narrative was overblown. Although they could have played up the mistrust of humanity and the "God" angle more.
Gene Haxkman was the definitive Luthor. Eisenberg was over the top, but you kind of have to be when you are competing for time with these superheroes. He was a puppet master.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gene Haxkman was the definitive Luthor. Eisenberg was over the top, but you kind of have to be when you are competing for time with these superheroes. He was a puppet master.
Even Spacey was a better Luthor.

Then again, I think they were playing him up as son of Lex, hence a different character.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Even Spacey was a better Luthor.

Then again, I think they were playing him up as son of Lex, hence a different character.
Then that would be the third generation Luthor in the Superman history.

Top Bottom