Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That makes no sense.
The longer you waited the more you saw about it. Anticipation built too high, and no movie could have met that anticipation. American Sniper was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

D

Deuce

The longer you waited the more you saw about it. Anticipation built too high, and no movie could have met that anticipation. American Sniper was one of the best movies I have ever seen.
There was no anticipation because it was a true story and everyone knows how it ends up. It was like seeing Titanic. You're just there to see the action leading up to the iceberg, but there's no suspense.

The only problem with waiting is being told by people it's great and having high expectations. That said, you're putting it up there with GOAT status and I didn't think it was even close. Very good movie and Cooper was excellent, but that's it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They barely even took the time to emotionally convey his death. The fade to black was weak.

Cotton

Staff member
There was no anticipation because it was a true story and everyone knows how it ends up. It was like seeing Titanic. You're just there to see the action leading up to the iceberg, but there's no suspense.

The only problem with waiting is being told by people it's great and having high expectations. That said, you're putting it up there with GOAT status and I didn't think it was even close. Very good movie and Cooper was excellent, but that's it.
Expectation would have been a better word than anticipation. Top 10 in my book.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree on American Sniper...it was good, but not an alltimer for me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Avengers AOU was ok...Winter Soldier was much better.

D

Deuce

Is the old lady in the new Mad Max the same actor as the crazy lady from the gas station in Road Warrior? She looked like her, but imdb pics aren't up for most people so I couldn't tell.

Cotton

Staff member
Mad Max was amazing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mad Max

Action was great. Hated that we had the Bane voice and that Max almost seemed like a secondary character.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mad Max

Action was great. Hated that we had the Bane voice and that Max almost seemed like a secondary character.
Did not mind it at all...in the earlier Gibson movies he did not talk much either. I thought Hardy was perfect in the role and most of his dialogue was through facial expressions.

D

Deuce

The Rock is negotiating to star in the remake of Big Trouble in Little Chine.

Ugh.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Rock is negotiating to star in the remake of Big Trouble in Little Chine.

Ugh.
Sounds like a done deal...you don't crap on Russell's Jack Burton with the Rock. I have heard rumors of an Escape From NY reboot with Gerard Butler as Snake Plisken...my heart weeps.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hollywood is completely out of ideas for movies that people will actually pay to go see.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Any 25 year old movie is subject to becoming a remake. A whole new generation has come along. Of course there will be a couple of generations who have already seen the earlier ones who will compare and complain. That's where the majority of the board members fall now. We are seeing remakes of movies we have already seen and probably comparing.

Top Bottom