Music Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
CSB time.

When I was about 16-17, I was giving my grandma a ride back home from an appointment in town. (she lived about 25 miles out of town) I started to change the radio station to something I thought she'd prefer, but she told me to go ahead and listen to what I wanted to. I didn't want to play anything too hard for her, so I put in a cassette tape of Van Halen. Of course, the first song to play was Panama. She said she thought it was a pretty catchy toon. Until this part...

Yeah, we're running a little bit hot tonight
I can barely see the road from the heat coming off it.
I reach down, between my legs...
Ease the seat back.

Her eyes got pretty big, but she didn't say anything. I quietly turned it off and put it on the country station.

Sorry grandma.

Funny how times change to what is shocking and what isn't. I wonder what my grandparents would think of today's music. WAP might have stroked them out.
Say that reminds me.

I think our grandparents were far more freaky than we would ever ever want to know.

My GSB moment was cleaning out a storage shed for my wife's grandmother after she passed and finding antique (we are talking like from the 1940s and shit) anal dilators. They may have used, or they could have been sort of heirloom of shame. It was not my job at that time to determine the origin of them.

It was called "Dr. Young's Ideal Rectal Dilators".

Nothing to do with music, but whatever.

Now, mind you, it was presented tastefully. It was in it's own box.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

And the genius behind Muse: Matt Bellamy

I'm saying this very subjectively because saying a band is THE BEST EVAR is dumb. People like what they like, but FOR ME, if I lived to be a thousand, you'd still be hard pressed to convince me that there's been a better band in history than Muse. If you want just start at 4:30 for the god tier guitar solo where his left hand is moving at TV show vampire speed. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And the genius behind Muse: Matt Bellamy

I'm saying this very subjectively because saying a band is THE BEST EVAR is dumb. People like what they like, but FOR ME, if I lived to be a thousand, you'd still be hard pressed to convince me that there's been a better band in history than Muse. If you want just start at 4:30 for the god tier guitar solo where his left hand is moving at TV show vampire speed. :lol
OK fan boi

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe y'all already put this together, but I was apparently behind.

I had no idea "Respect" was a cover by Aretha Franklin.

Recorded in 1967.

Written and recorded in 1965.

Totally different perspective. I never heard the original until today. I never paid attention to the Aretha Franklin version in terms of the lyrics.

The song was fucking appropriated. It was about a hard working man that just is asking for less of a nag, a hot meal when he gets home and maybe some booty before she takes all his fucking money.

The Franklin version sounded like she was supporting some drunk shit head bum.

Yes, I am a wee bit stoned.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am on a Rush kick lately.

I always appreciated Tom Sawyer and never investigated further.

But this my new jam.

Great band.

My favorite aside from Tom Sawyer is Freewill. Fantastic song.

Their most underrated song might well be Dreamline.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I liked Rush because ne Neal Peart, but yeah, the vocals are hard to handle.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Shout out to EZ22

Brad Nowell’s kid jamming with the original Sublime members

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just stumbled on this. Yes, it's political, so gird your loins if easily upset.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Caught me off guard that she would cover this but not too shabby

Top Bottom