Moore: Dez Bryant can still contribute in the NFL, but would signing him make sense for the Cowboys?

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Id rather this be Amaris Corp and lets move forward, and find out if that Devin Smith has anything. Cooper, Gallup , Jarwin, is a good set, Smith , if he has anything would be a solid addition, if not, get someone but it doesnt have to be pricey.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez is a real possibility if we whiff coming out of the draft and heading into camp
With one of the deepest drafts for WR in modern NFL history, we would have to be real retards not to be able to come out with a viable 3rd receiver option.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
With one of the deepest drafts for WR in modern NFL history, we would have to be real retards not to be able to come out with a viable 3rd receiver option.
So what you are saying is that it's very likely.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well yeah, hence the if.

Pre-Gallup, our history was to grab some project late round/UDFA receivers and watch our fan base go nuts over Macey Brooks, Cedric Wilson, and the like.

But only high draft picks have ever really worked for the Cowboys.

Gallup was the lowest drafted WR I can recall to actually succeedas a Cowboy, and definitely was so since Jerry took over.

So while we contemplate that... are you *sure* Dallas, meaning the Joneses, will come away with in the later rounds of 2020 what in prior drafts would be considered a 1-2 round caliber of player like Gallup was?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Agreed. I want zero part of Dez.
It was just a tiny clip for a few seconds, but I thought he looked horrible in those vids he put out of him catching passes.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I still have my Dez jersey and the X image to throw up for TDs. I'm ok with it to try during pre-season to see if it's doable.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Though this thread would have been dead by now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Though this thread would have been dead by now.
Amen.

I really don't know why Bryant is revered like he is.

He might have caught it. But ya know what, he didn't.

Just like Romo, he is some sort of tragic hero that a lot of our fanbase just can't quit.

It is a little sad.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Its really kinda pathetic

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No one on this site is pining for the guy.

If he’s healthy though, he could help a team in the twilight of his career ala Brandon Marshall.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah and Austin was terrible as a punt returner. Some guys just lose the ability over time.
I'm not so sure that wasn't a coaching issue either. At this point I would bring Austin back. Let him compete with a rookie for 3rd WR and punt return. There's no other veteran worth shit out there and it might be interesting to see what McCarthy would do with him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bryant is too unstructured to fit with McCarthys style. He doesn’t run routes from a play book. It’s mostly ad lib with him. He isn’t structured as far as being hungry for the game because when he got his last contract, he either lost his concentration or couldn’t hang on to a ball that hit him in the hands,. His drop rate shot way up. He became a sideline clown having fits with different players. He just mentally quit. Then his injury took him out of the game and he never hit another beat.

What’s to desire about him.?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So much backlash hate for the guy based on his petulance over the years.

I get it. It's silly, but I get it.

No one is saying this guy is a #1 WR. He's a veteran guy who, based on a workout, could qualify for a squad.

If Dallas doesn't come away with a WR in the first 3.5 rounds, I don't care how deep this draft is our modern draft history says we aren't even getting a contributor, let alone a starter.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So much backlash hate for the guy based on his petulance over the years.

I get it. It's silly, but I get it.

No one is saying this guy is a #1 WR. He's a veteran guy who, based on a workout, could qualify for a squad.

If Dallas doesn't come away with a WR in the first 3.5 rounds, I don't care how deep this draft is our modern draft history says we aren't even getting a contributor, let alone a starter.
its a young man's game, bottom line.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
its a young man's game, bottom line.
He is 31. Not like he's old. Gerald McCoy is 32, and people were good with that signing.

If Larry Fitzgerald was signed for a year, I doubt anybody would complain. He's 36. There are reasons Dez should probably not be resigned. Age isn't one of them.

Top Bottom