MLB Chatter Thread

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Yo Rangers fans, get used to hearing Wyatt Langford's name - he's going to be on the opening day roster and likely hitting third behind Semien and Seager. You thought Evan Carter was great last year? Get ready for Wyatt "Mike Trout Jr" Langford. .300 batting average, 35 bombs, OPS over 900.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I do not care if you get sick of me posting this shit, but it will never ever get old to me.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
@Cotton Texas signed yet another starting pitcher lol. Not Monty but a guy that should help keep things going until deGrom and co. return.
Michael Lorenzen. Seems like a solid #4 or #5 starter. Only 4.5 million dollars.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
@Cotton Texas signed yet another starting pitcher lol. Not Monty but a guy that should help keep things going until deGrom and co. return.
Michael Lorenzen. Seems like a solid #4 or #5 starter. Only 4.5 million dollars.
Yeah, not a bad deal at all.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
On a serious note. The explanation from Ohtani's camp doesn't sound right.

Like why does an interpreter have access to a player's bank account.

Also, originally Ohtani's camp admits to transferring money to help the interpreter cover gambling debts only to then come back hours later and change their story by claiming it was theft and they knew nothing about the debt.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. I wouldn't be surprised if Ohtani's tied up in gambling as well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Lorenzen was on the Phillies last year. He's pretty up and down, can look great one game but not so much another. I wouldn't count on much from him in the postseason but he can cover some regular season games.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
On a serious note. The explanation from Ohtani's camp doesn't sound right.

Like why does an interpreter have access to a player's bank account.

Also, originally Ohtani's camp admits to transferring money to help the interpreter cover gambling debts only to then come back hours later and change their story by claiming it was theft and they knew nothing about the debt.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. I wouldn't be surprised if Ohtani's tied up in gambling as well.

It definitely seems fishy. I was wondering how an interpreter could get his hands on his bank account also.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
As an unbiased Braves fan, I say MLB should suspend Shohei Ohtani indefinitely until they get to the bottom of this. A lifetime ban like Pete Rose should not be off the table. :unsure
I agree and throw in a lifetime ban of Altuve and Alvarez as well since they could be involved as well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lorenzen was on the Phillies last year. He's pretty up and down, can look great one game but not so much another. I wouldn't count on much from him in the postseason but he can cover some regular season games.
I don't really like the signing at all. Mainly because it squashes any lingering hopes that Monty will be back.

Top Bottom