MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
God, I hope not. Alderson needs to be creative...bring him back is not.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'll be pulling for the Pirates tonight. Their fan base deserves more than a one and done after waiting over 20 years just to finish over .500.

In the big boy series that starts Thursday night, I've got Braves over Dodgers in 6. Braves are one of the better 1 run game teams out there. I'm expecting a low scoring series and the Braves have the better bullpen.
Since the Rangers are out, I'm hoping the Pirates win

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Pirates are putting a nice little beating on the Reds.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
So glad the Reds gave Votto all that money.

He might actually only be a step above what Sean Casey was.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not surprised with the Reds. They'll never have postseason success with Dusty Baker.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm pretty happy with what MLB did with the playoffs. You get a couple more teams in, and you get a one game playoff which essentially guarantees a game 7 type of game every year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Rangers have fired dugout coach Jackie Moore and first base coach Dave Anderson. No replacements have been named but Double A manager Steve Buechele is a candidate for the Major League coaching staff. The Rangers have not made an official announcement.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Rangers have fired dugout coach Jackie Moore and first base coach Dave Anderson. No replacements have been named but Double A manager Steve Buechele is a candidate for the Major League coaching staff. The Rangers have not made an official announcement.
Nolan hired Moore and is more old school approach. Its been speculated that JD wanted to fire him last year and that may have been the problem between JD and Nolan. Will be interesting to see if Nolan stays on board. If he does leave I don't want it to be because of in house fighting.

Rev

Staff member
Think its going to be a Rays-A's ALCS.

Rev

Staff member
No worries.

You weren't going to beat the Red Sox anyway.:art
You better be thankful it wasn't the Rangers that you are facing. You would probably be swept if it was.

D

Deuce

Impressive few days Deuce, impressive.
It's tough to be confident going into a one game playoff, but I was last night. Cobb has been our best pitcher when healthy all year, the Indians record against winning teams was crap and their team batting average against RHP was something like .180. Outside of Cobb imploding, I thought the game was ours to lose. Sure enough, he came through.

Boston is a different animal, but we've played well against them this year. Our pen blew some games so hopefully all the extra rest they've gotten will help. Plus Delmon Young has been a huge boost at DH.

1bigfan13

Staff member
There's actually a decent sized crowd in Atlanta.

Been a very long time since that's happened.

I was have expecting to see the usual half empty stadium.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm glad Uggla was left off the playoff roster. As I said before this is probably going to be a series where runs are hard to come by and when we have base runners out there we need hitter who can at the very least have productive outs. Moving guys up a base, sac flies, stuff like that.

Can't do those little things when you're continuously whiffing at the plate like Uggla has been.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Medlen strikes out the side in the first.

Come get some, Kershaw!

Rev

Staff member
Just because....

Go Dodgers :towel

D

Deuce

I'm glad Uggla was left off the playoff roster. As I said before this is probably going to be a series where runs are hard to come by and when we have base runners out there we need hitter who can at the very least have productive outs. Moving guys up a base, sac flies, stuff like that.

Can't do those little things when you're continuously whiffing at the plate like Uggla has been.
I see your $70M CF isn't playing either.

lawl

1bigfan13

Staff member
Uggh.....They gave Kershaw 2 runs already. :skurred

Top Bottom