MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is another player on that team that I saw a clip on but forgot his name. The report said that he is still developing but would already be a top 5 player in MLB. Said he wasn't eligible to come over until he turns 25.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Alex Rodriguez said it best last night -- there's elite and then there's Shohei Otani who is in 2 man class.

It's Babe Ruth and him. That's the entire list of players of that type.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't receive the greatest contract in MLB history.
Mets

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The slider he threw to Trout to strike him out was just unfair.

It's in the strike zone for 90% of the time it's in the air then breaks at the last second out of the strike zone and past him.

I mean, WTF are you supposed to do as a hitter in that situation?

Rev

Staff member
Having dealt with the Yu sweepstakes I think I remember them saying that the Japanese players preferred not to be on the East coast. Not sure if that was just a Yu thing or something that has gone by the wayside now, though. I didn't quite follow the Otani signing the first time to see if that was a deal.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Rev

Staff member
Deep pockets? Check. West coast? Check.

Yep. He’s a Dodger.
And they have been shedding some payroll.

At least gets him out of the AL West for me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd be shocked if he doesn't receive the greatest contract in MLB history.
I mentioned a few months back that I think he and his agent can make a real argument that he should be paid as if he's two players.

Rev

Staff member
Will be interesting to see if the Angels can get a windfall for him at the deadline or if they think they can resign him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I mentioned a few months back that I think he and his agent can make a real argument that he should be paid as if he's two players.
That would be insane.

I don't know if they'll be able to pull that off, but I do believe he will be the highest paid player in all of baseball and by a significant margin.

Top Bottom