MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You cant go to the stadium but you can go to Texas Live I believe. Thats the facility next to the stadium with all of the restraunts. Makes perfect sense to me.
Is Texas Live like an outdoor area where the game is broadcast on a big screen near the restaurants?

The Braves have that kind of set up at their new ballpark. Lots of bars, restaurants, and shops right outside the stadium. The game is broadcast on a huge jumbo screen with the TV broadcast blaring through speakers. They have a huge grassy picnic area as well which is great for people with smaller kids. It's a pretty cool setup.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is Texas Live like an outdoor area where the game is broadcast on a big screen near the restaurants?

The Braves have that kind of set up at their new ballpark. Lots of bars, restaurants, and shops right outside the stadium. The game is broadcast on a huge jumbo screen with the TV broadcast blaring through speakers. They have a huge grassy picnic area as well which is great for people with smaller kids. It's a pretty cool setup.
I believe its enclosed but there may be some open sections. Restaurants and a hotel. Its an entertainment site next to the stadium. Never been but I think its between the ranger and cowboy stadium

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

The first time I ever saw anything like that was at Camden Yards. They have all kinds of bars and restaurants all along their left field wall. It's really cool.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Gonna be interesting to see what MLB does with the Marlins and their 4 players who tested positive. They played yesterday's game knowing everyone else on the Marlins had been exposed to the players who tested positive. So now you have to worry about the Phillies as well.

IIRC, one of the agreed upon stipulations for playing this year was if the season had to be shut down, player salaries would be guaranteed in full even if they played just one game. So I'm sure a lot of players would be completely fine if they ended up shutting everything down.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It was fun while it lasted.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We aren't going to get to watch sports the rest of this year, are we?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, shit. This is obviously a heinous plot to keep the Twins from winning the world series this year.

Bastards.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Makes sense. Given the number of Marlins players and staff who've tested positive so far you gotta assume some members of the Phillies will test positive as well.
Plus, the Yankees would use the same clubhouse the Marlins did yesterday.

Top Bottom