MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm watching the first Rangers exhibition game, and I can tell you, the fake crowd news is stupid as hell. I'd rather watch it without it. They are making the crowd noise loud on two strike counts, which would be normal, if it wasn't the second batter of the game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But, I'm not going to bitch too much. At least I'm getting to watch live sports for the first time in 24 years.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
are they playing it in the stadium or just on the broadcast?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ahhh... Baseball is back. Finally.

Max Kepler homered on the first pitch of the season, and again in the 2nd inning leading the Twins to victory.

:towel

I really needed this.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
FOX is doing a really good job with the fake crowd noise. Sounds like a legit game with fans. They even have the crowd reactions timed out extremely well. Lots of cheers/groans depending on what just happened on the field.

I can't see why anyone would be against pumping in the crowd now like they're doing. If there are no fans at NFL games I hope they use it for football as well.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
can't stand those fake fans behind home plate at Wrigley. it's distracting. I'm watching them jiggle instead of watching the at-bat.

1bigfan13

Staff member
can't stand those fake fans behind home plate at Wrigley. it's distracting. I'm watching them jiggle instead of watching the at-bat.
Which broadcast are you watching? The FOX broadcast doesn't have fake fans behind home plate. They have them in other parts of the stadium though.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Which broadcast are you watching? The FOX broadcast doesn't have fake fans behind home plate. They have them in other parts of the stadium though.
FOX. They were there early on. Maybe they thought better of it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
FOX. They were there early on. Maybe they thought better of it.
I bet a bunch of people started complaining via social media so they got rid of it mid game. Like ESPN did during that MNF game a couple of years ago when they were using that yellow indicator that made it look like a flash was begging called.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I love it honestly.

It even took me a minute to realize they were fake. :lol :unsure

1bigfan13

Staff member
There were cardboard cutouts in the Rangers game yesterday. So dumb.
I was watching highlights this morning and I'd completely forgot the Rangers opened a new stadium this year. Brand new stadium and not a single fan will be allowed in to make money off of it. Ouch!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was watching highlights this morning and I'd completely forgot the Rangers opened a new stadium this year. Brand new stadium and not a single fan will be allowed in to make money off of it. Ouch!

You cant go to the stadium but you can go to Texas Live I believe. Thats the facility next to the stadium with all of the restraunts. Makes perfect sense to me.

Top Bottom