MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Much better start. We actually got a runner to 2nd base.

Weeeee!!!!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Huge win last night for the Sox.

The stats heavily favor the team that wins the 3rd game in a 7 game series, so hopefully this allows Boston the leg up that they need to beat the Astros.

Rev

Staff member
Huge win last night for the Sox.

The stats heavily favor the team that wins the 3rd game in a 7 game series, so hopefully this allows Boston the leg up that they need to beat the Astros.
Unless they keep cheating....

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Astros sure do play in some exciting postseason games.

That World Series vs the Dodgers is the greatest baseball series I've ever seen, and that game 5 is the greatest baseball game I've ever watched as well.

So after seeing that, I guess it should come as no surprise that this series vs the Red Sox is shaping up to be a classic as well. What a game, what a finish.

I know Astros fans are going to be upset about the disallowed HR, but I do think it's the right call. Either way, what can't be argued is how clutch and impressive the Red Sox have been, especially in the outfield, when they've absolutely needed it.

JBJ with the 2 run shot followed by Betts making that amazing throw to get Kemp out at 2nd, and of course, Benitendi making a ballsy ass decision to dive for that ball when most players would have played it safe and let the ball bounce and try to at least keep a tie intact.

It's weird because this is the first time in a sporting event that I've ever felt bad for the team I was rooting against. I like the Astros. It's a good group of guys who are very likeable and they gave this city something truly special at a time when it needed it.

It was awesome to be a part of.

So while I am 100% pulling for the Red Sox, a part of me feels bad seeing them on the brink of elimination and fans looking gloomy as a result.

But the reality is that I am a Red Sox and want to see them win another WS. The Astros won't go down without a fight, but last night proved to me once and for all that this Red Sox team has that look.

It's their year.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Welp, I am not very hopeful at this point, but I will say that if any team is capable of getting hot out of nowhere and stringing together 3 straight, it is this one. With Chris Sale half dead, they have about as good a chance as any team down 3-1.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
As for the interference call, I guess I would say that there is not a good angle to overturn it, but it should have been ruled a home run. Joe West sucks, and the fact that an MLB umpires has a recognizable name represents what is wrong with the game's officiating.

That the ruling was fan interference but they didn't eject the fan says it all about that call.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As for the interference call, I guess I would say that there is not a good angle to overturn it, but it should have been ruled a home run. Joe West sucks, and the fact that an MLB umpires has a recognizable name represents what is wrong with the game's officiating.

That the ruling was fan interference but they didn't eject the fan says it all about that call.
Angel Hernandez is worse.

Rev

Staff member
That was definitely fan interference from the video I saw this morning. Now I dont know if they had that view on their replays but its kind of a straight on angle so it's hard to believe they wouldnt have.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
That was definitely fan interference from the video I saw this morning. Now I dont know if they had that view on their replays but its kind of a straight on angle so it's hard to believe they wouldnt have.
I was listening to the radio call and didn't see it live, but every angle I have seen since makes it look like Betts' glove is back and over the wall by the time they make contact.

It is just one of those things that stings in the playoffs, but in those situations, I am always of the mind that our pitching could have been better, and then it wouldn't matter, so I am not as mad as some people.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was listening to the radio call and didn't see it live, but every angle I have seen since makes it look like Betts' glove is back and over the wall by the time they make contact.

It is just one of those things that stings in the playoffs, but in those situations, I am always of the mind that our pitching could have been better, and then it wouldn't matter, so I am not as mad as some people.
I can see both sides of the argument.

If you're being honest and remove bias from the equation and watch the replay in slow motion, you can clearly tell by the trajectory and by the height level that Betts was on track to make a play on the ball.

I have no doubt that he would've made contact with the ball, but he never gets that chance because as soon as his glove hits the crowd, his glove closes and he never gets a chance.

So if you look at it that way, it's interference.

However, it's past the wall and as AJ Hinch said, the umpire is assuming that Betts is going to make this amazing play.

Is he capable of it? Sure.

But it's a stretch to just assume he's going to make that play, and so I get why the Astros would feel cheated in that instance.

Ultimately, I think it's one of those calls that could easily go either way and you're going to upset one team or the other no matter which way you go.

Rev

Staff member

Well to put a smile on your face I will remind you that at least you dont have an idiot outfielder play too shallow in no doubles defense. That should ease the sting a little.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wow.

Price is out-pitching Verlander and now Devers hits a 3 run shot.

It's the Red Sox year.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
eww

Rev

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Rocco 'The Woonsocket Rocket' Baldelli, eh? Well, I don't know much about his managerial skills, but he has a cool name and nickname. So that's something, I guess.

Top Bottom