MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is paying the price of the front office goofs over the past few years. Interesting to see who will want to come to a team that is rebuilding but over budget.

Silver lining- at least we will get rid of Doug Brocail

vince

Not So New Member
Im a Dallas all around sports fan and it seems like every organization in DFW is full of idiots. The Mavs with the secual harassment crap, the Stars who may be going in the right direction, Cowboys and now Rangers.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You should take a lot of the blame, JD. You have made some terrible personnel decisions over the last few years.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
So, the Rangers fired Bannister. I think that is a mistake. Their woes are personnel woes, not head coaching woes.
Shame about Bannister. But I think this could be the stairway to hope for the franchise. The Rangers are real climbers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Excited to see the Braves headed back to the post-season. I suspect we'll be quickly dismissed in the NLDS but we're still a year ahead of schedule so no worries.

The only way I us getting past the NLDS is if some of the bats that were red hot in the first half (Albies and Markaikas) have a great series and help carry the load.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If the Red Sox can get past the Astros, they're winning the WS.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think there is much doubt at this point.
About them winning the WS or beating the Astros?

The Astros are the only team I think are the bad matchup plus they're defending champions.

It's the only team I think can stop them. So if they can get past them, they've got this.

Cotton

Staff member
About them winning the WS or beating the Astros?

The Astros are the only team I think are the bad matchup plus they're defending champions.

It's the only team I think can stop them. So if they can get past them, they've got this.
I don't think there is much doubt that the Red Sox will win the WS.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think there is much doubt that the Red Sox will win the WS.
Well, I don't know.

They definitely look like favorites, but I think the Astros matchup well with them and got the last series from us a few weeks ago.

If the Astros get everyone healthy for the playoffs, watch out.

That's the only team I'm afraid of.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think the Astros pitching staff gives them the edge against Boston. But on the bright side for the Red Sox, it helps that Carlos Correa has been pretty bad this year so that's one less bat that you have to worry about in the Astros lineup.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fucking Pohlad family. Worst ownership in baseball. The Twins are basically a AAAA team for the rest of the majors. Once a player gets good and deserves to be paid, they trade him for "prospects". Meaning cheap utility players that won't cost them much if they do make it to the majors.

D

Deuce

Fucking Pohlad family. Worst ownership in baseball. The Twins are basically a AAAA team for the rest of the majors. Once a player gets good and deserves to be paid, they trade him for "prospects". Meaning cheap utility players that won't cost them much if they do make it to the majors.
Make the right deals and it’s a fine strategy. The Rays tried to tank with young players this year, but ended up winning 90 games while putting together the #1 farm system.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
anyone else rooting for my beloved, small market Yankees?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Time for my poor Braves to take it on the chin again. I was hoping they'd show a little more fight but their offense has been in a major slump for about a month now, so it's no surprise that they were shut down with ease in Game 1.

Top Bottom